Beijing Forbidden City, Hutongs, Jinshan Park and Lama Temple Private Tour
Although Beijing has modernized along with the rest of the country there are still a lot of historical charms remaining. This is a full day tour with an English-speaking guide through the historical city center that will introduce you to the city’s most famous, picturesque and inspiring historical sites. From the ancient residential alleys and slow-paced day-to-day life to the riches of the imperial palace, you’ll see it all!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Rickshaw ride
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- Entry/Admission - Jingshan Park (Jingshan Gongyuan)
- Entry/Admission - Bell and Drum Towers
- Entry/Admission - Lama Temple (Yonghegong)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities to guide and rickshaw ride (recommended)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Forbidden City-The Palace Museum, No.4 Jingshanqian Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100009 China
You will be picked up by your guide at the lobby of your hotel located in the city center.
Firstly, you will visit the Tiananmen Square, one of the largest squares in the world. It is a lively place home to attractions like the Museums of Chinese History and Chinese Revolution, the Great Hall of the People, and Chairman Mao's Mausoleum.
Then walk to the Forbidden City and learn about the history of this sprawling World Heritage–listed complex, where Ming and Qing emperors once lived and ruled in opulence. Take in some of the 1,000 rooms and 800 buildings, and marvel at the exquisite luxury of imperial life.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Jingshan Park (Jingshan Gongyuan), No.44 Jingshanxi Street, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009 China
From the northern gate of the Forbidden City, we will cross the street to Jingshan Park, a man-made hill created using soil excavated from the construction of the moat that surrounds the Forbidden City. It offers the best views of Beijing and it is also a favorite local hangout, where Beijingers practice Tai Chi, dance and enjoy the open space.
Then, by rickshaw, you can relax as your driver weaves through the ancient narrow lanes, also known as Beijing’s Hutongs. The Hutongs have captured traditional Beijing’s essence, and spending time here is a real look into authentic Beijing city life. After this, you will have the opportunity to see life inside a Chinese family’s houses and talk with the beijingers.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bell and Drum Towers, Di'anmen Wai Main Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006 China
To quench your thirst afterwards, we will taste traditional Chinese tea at a teahouse inside the Bell Tower. If you thought tea tasting was easy, just watch the intricate processes involved in boiling Chinese tea – a process that differs for each type of tea. Lunch will be recommended at a local dumpling restaurant at your own expense.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Lama Temple (Yonghegong), No.12 Yonghegong Street, Beixinqiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100007 China
Lastly we will bring you to the Lama Temple, the most celebrated Buddhist temple in Beijing and a temple of the Geluk School of Tibetan Buddhism. It is one of the largest and most influential in China, and was the only temple to have been said to have survived the Cultural Revolution. Take in the architecture and the oasis of calm amidst one of the most buzzing historic districts in the city. After the tour you will be dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passports names and numbers are required when booking to book the Forbidden City tickets in advance. Please bring your passport to the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.