Beijing Day Trip Badaling Great Wall and The Sacred Ming Tombs
See two of China's most popular destinations, the World Heritage-listed Great Wall of China and the Dingling burial chamber of the Ming Tombs. The Badaling section of the Great Wall is one of the best-preserved parts of this colossal structure, while the Dingling Underground Palace, is the only Imperial Ming Tomb that has been excavated.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional and friendly English-speaking guide, or Spanish-speaking guide (if option chosen)
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- Transport by vehicle or minivan
- Entry/Admission - The Great Wall at Badaling
- Entry/Admission - Dingling Underground Palace
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Great Wall at Badaling, Badaling, Yanqing District, Beijing 102112 China
After pickup in the morning from your hotel, you will head north out of bustling Beijing to visit two popular attractions.
The first stop on your full-day sightseeing tour is the Great Wall of China, the greatest symbol of ancient Chinese engineering and one of the world's most famous structures. The Badaling section is a prime, preserved example of this colossal monument, which became a strategic military location during the Warring States period (476-221 BC), when many of the incomplete parts of the wall were built.
Here at the Badaling section, you have the opportunity to climb either the north or south face of the Great Wall, enjoying sweeping views of the surrounding landscape. As you stroll with your guide past watchtowers along the ancient fortification, learn why it was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site and see why it lives up to its reputation as one of the Eight Wonders of the World. During your day trip, a traditional Chinese cuisine lunch is included.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Dingling Underground Palace, Ming Tombs, Changling Town, Changping District, Beijing 102213 China
In the afternoon from Badaling, its on to the sacred Ming Tombs, burial grounds to 13 of the 16 Ming emperors. Situated just outside the city, only three of the tombs are actually open for viewing. Here you will have the opportunity to visit the burial chamber of Dingling Underground Palace.
Dingling Underground Palace is the only tomb to have been excavated. Buried here are three individuals; Emperor Wan-li (died 1620), Empress Wang (died 1620), and another Empress Wang (died 1611). The Emperor Wan-li was the last of the great Ming Emperors, reigning 48 years, longer than any Chinese Emperor since the Han Emperor Wu of the 2nd century B.C. Alongside him are his wife and 1st concubine.
After your Dingling visit, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Beijing in our comfortable air-conditioned vehicle.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Dress in comfortable shoes
- Minimum age is 5
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.