Beijing Cultural and Art Workshop: Calligraphy, Ink Painting and Brick Extension
Save time by taking part in three traditional Chinese activities in just a few hours on this cultural experience. You can choose to put on your Hanfu (traditional Chinese costume) and spend roughly one hour on each on Chinese calligraphy lessons, ink and brush painting, and bricks extension. The lessons take place in a traditional Chinese room where you will gaining artistic inspiration from the decoration and furniture. All necessary supplies are provided, take your completed work home as a special souvenir of your cultural experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up(for hotels within the 3rd ring road of Beijing city)k
- One-way private transfer
- Tea and snacks
- Profesional tour guide
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Nanxincang Culture and Leisure Street
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nanxincang Culture and Leisure Street, No.22 Dongsishitiao, Beijing China
Your tour guide will pick you up at the prearranged time, then hop on a private vehicle to the traditional Chinese room in which the lesson is held.
Your experience begin with the welcome tea, gaining artistic inspiration from the decoration and furniture of the traditional Chinese room. Your teacher is an expert, well respected in the Chinese traditional culture scene. Under the careful guidance of your teacher, try your hand at using genuine Chinese tools; Gain knowledge of the Four Treasures and how to use them: brush, ink, paper, and ink stone. Learn to write your favorite Chinese character and your name on a square piece of paper.
After a short tea break, you'll learn the traditional ink and brush painting. Traditional Chinese painting is considered one of the oldest continuous artistic traditions in the world. It uses "Shui Mo" (water and ink), which is a freestyle technique created using a brush dipped in ink and water, and onto rice paper. You will get to learn different brush strokes, as well as get a solid introduction to the oriental materials, tools, and the painting subject.
Next, get to know the history about this traditional art called " Zhuan Ta". In ancient time, Chinese characters were caved on the bricks, bronze or bones. To make it easy to bring, later Chinese people start to use ink and paper to make the copy of the characters and pictures. This artwork start from Tang Dynasty ( 618—907 A.D) and most popular in the Ming and Qing Dynasties. Under the careful guidance of your teacher, try your hand at using the ink and paper and antique bricks to make your first work. After know the basic skills, you will start to make the complicated work.
At the end of the class, you can either write your name or make your Chinese painting on a traditional Chinese fan and take home as a unique souvenir.
Your tour will ends here, you can choose to explore the surrounding area on your own, your tour guide can help you to get a taxi to your next destination.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Free pick up including hotels in Beijing within the 4th ring road, if your hotel is out of the city, will have extra cost, you also can travel into city to meet your tour guide
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Age under 4 is free to join
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.