Beginners snowshoeing excursion
Snowshoeing is a one of a kind experience and easy for everyone to learn. Join us on a magical walk through Liesjärvi national park into your own personal winter wonderland.
During this guided tour we will snowshoe through a breathtaking landscape carved by time and shrouded by old growth forest which remains teeming with life even in the winter. Beneath a thick blanket of snow, the forest is alive and well, you will see the stories of wildlife on the surface of the snow as the fox tracks follow the hares and the willow grouse burrows his way alongside our trail.
Our snowshoe excursion is perfect for those who would like to escape the city and spend their day experiencing winter in the wilderness. You don’t need to have any previous experience since our guide will teach you all you need to know about snowshoeing. The small group size offers an intimate experience in nature and allows your guide to attend to individual questions and needs.
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Lunch - Finnish-style lunch over a campfire
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Bottled water - As we are a sustainable company, we don't provide plastic bottles and we recommend you to take a reusable water bottle with you.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma, Mannerheiminaukio 2, Helsinki 00100 Finland
This is the meeting point for this trip. It will be at the bus-stop in front of Kiasma (Museum of
Contemporary Art). The stop is about 65 steps from the museum entrance and approximately
500 meters from Helsinki Central Railway station.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Liesjarven Kansallispuisto, Korteniementie, Liesjarvi 31380 Finland
Once we have arrived at the national park, the group will begin their journey through the forest making our own trail and testing the limits of snowshoes. During the adventure, your guide will provide details about the surroundings and instructions on different techniques used while snowshoeing.
After an hour of snowshoeing, we will arrive at a beautiful wilderness hut which will be heated by our campfire. While your guide starts the fire and begins preparing a traditional Finnish-style lunch and campfire coffee, there will be plenty of time to take photos, explore the beautiful surroundings, talk, make snow angels and enjoy the tranquility of Finland’s Taiga forest.
After lunch, the snowshoeing will continue as we explore the beauty of Liesjärvi under the towering snow-covered spruces. After snowshoeing for roughly one hour, the group will make their way back to the starting point, feeling refreshed and fully charged from this unique experience in nature.
On this day trip we spend approximately 4.5 hours within the national park. With transportation the total length of this nature tour is 7 hours.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Mannerheiminaukio 1, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.