Beginner Whitewater Rafting on Historic Clear Creek Park
Middle Clear Creek is one of the greatest beginner rafting runs in the nation. With numerous rapids and historical significance, it is hard to deny the value. Although Clear Creek holds more rapids than most any other run in the US, the rapids of our Middle section are straight-forward and perfect for families with children or anyone else looking for something a bit easier. Rafters will also catch glimpses of Colorado's rich gold mining history and maybe even a miner or two as they splash down this unique stretch of whitewater.
per adult from
What's included :
- Free use of wetsuits, splash jackets, helmets, paddles, and personal flotation devices.
What's excluded :
- Footwear required (no crocs or flip flops)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Downstream Adventures, 409 E Park Avenue, Idaho Springs, CO 80438
We ask that guest arrive at our location 30 minutes before the scheduled trip time to allow for check-in. After checking in, guests will meet their guides who will begin preparing them for the journey to come. Guests will receive the necessary equipment and receive a lesson in basic river safety. Next, they will load onto the shuttle vehicle and begin the short ride to the creekside put-in.
After cruising through several miles of family-friendly whitewater, guests will reach the take out where our shuttle will be waiting to bring them back to the outpost (but not before the ceremonial group high five). Guests will return to our outpost where they will have the opportunity to purchase photos of their excursion, shop for a souvenir, or get recommendation from their guide for other local activities and restaurants.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Clear Creek Canyon, Clear Creek County, Georgetown, CO 81211
Guests will begin their journey at the exact location where George Jackson discovered gold in January of 1859, kicking of the Colorado Gold Rush. Before entering these cool mountain waters, guests will receive instruction from their guide on the proper use of the equipment. Next, guests and guides will embark on an exciting journey through Clear Creek Canyon, tackling many beginner-friendly rapids along the way. In addition to safely steering the boat, guides will point out several interesting historical sites.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Downstream Adventures Rafting, 409 Park Ave, Empire, CO 80438, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Although the river itself is not wheelchair access, in most cases we can make special arrangements for our guests' needs.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.