Beaver Safari Canoeing in Bjurälven
Paddling your canoe in silence on the meandering Bjurälven river is a nature experience equal to none. The beavers might watch us from the water or sitting on the riverside gnawing on a stick, while a lone bird makes strange noises above. Our guide gathers the group in certain places and tells us about the beavers and how they live, but the rest of our communication is silent, using only hand gestures.
This is a beaver safari in true wilderness, where we have never met another person during the trip.
Welcome into nature!
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
We paddle from the last outpost of civilization into the crystal-clear waters of the Bjurälven river. The silent movement forward allows for close encounters with the mystical beaver. It’s a four-hour tour of paddling and safari, containing a “fika” stop, in the untouched nature of a large nature reserve.
In Bjurälven we have the oldest family of beavers in Sweden. Since their arrival in 1921, the wilderness of Bjurälven Nature Reserve has become a real beaver paradise with excellent chances to see them. But this tour is not like any other beaver safari – it’s a wilderness experience in an area completely uninhabited and untouched by humans.
• Bjuralven, Stora Blasjon Sweden
Departure Point :LEIPIKVATTNET 110, 833 99 Stora Blåsjön, Sweden
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.