Beauty of Medieval Serbia, Day trip to Monastery Manasija and Resava Cave
The architecture of the monastery followed the stylistic changes from the Byzantine heritage to date, fresco painting was at the time when the highest artistic achievement in Europe was created, and the monastic treasures were characterized by artistic and spiritual capital. Apart from everything listed, and perhaps it was supposed to be mentioned first, the Serbian monasteries were the main places of prayer. Today, monasteries are still prayer places, but they are an important part of Serbian heritage, and therefore of national identity, and an important part of our history. During the day you will get to know Serbian history, culture and the most beautiful parts of untouched surrounding nature.
Feel Serbia - Love Serbia
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Resavska Cave
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Manasija Monastery, 280, Serbia, Despotovac Serbia
Monastery Manasija is the endowment of the despot Stefan Lazarevic, the construction began at 1407., and it was completed at 1418. The monastery church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. Our first step is visit to Monastery and a brief tour around.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Resavska Cave, 20 km from Despotovac, Despotovac Serbia
After visiting the monastery, we continue our journey for about an hour to the Resavska cave which is one of the oldest caves examined, it is about 80 million years old, and the oldest jewel found in it is 45 million years old. The cave's length is 4,500m from which it is explored up to 2,850m and tourists can visit the area which is around 800m long. A tour of the cave accompanied by an expert local guide takes about 45 minutes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vodopad Veliki Buk, Despotovac Serbia
It is located about 380m of altitude above sea level, near the Resavska cave. According to the type of formation it belongs to accumulation waterfalls, formed by accumulation. At the base, a not very deep lake was formed, surrounded by bigar blocks. Together with the spring of the river Vrelo it is under the protection of the state, as a monument of the nature "Waterfall Lisine".
Duration: 1 day 21 hours
Stop At: Ravanica Monastery, Village Senja near Town of Cuprija, Cuprija 35233 Serbia
The Ravanica is the endowment of Prince Lazar, who died in Kosovo's Battle on Vidovdan on June 28, 1389. The church is dedicated to Vaznesenju Gospodnjem and is surrounded by a defensive wall with seven towers. The Ravanica was built between 1375. and 1377. We continue the tour of the monastery and sightseeing.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up is possible from any desired address in Belgrade.Ports
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.