Beautiful Pompeii & Herculaneum Private Day Trip
Mount Vesuvius sits dormant in the Italian landscape but in the year 79 AD it woke up, furiously destroying everything in its surroundings in just a matter of hours. Thanks to its natural preservation under the ashes, visitors can see what it was like before this event. This experience will take you back in time and the stories and facts will bring the cities back to life. Feel the history as you visit the theatre, the sacred area, and a brothel with signs and symbols all around. See the preservation techniques in all its splendor with the plastered casts of some of the victims. At the Herculaneum you have a panoramic view of the city and its ruins. While in Pompeii you see more of the public areas, in Herculaneum you have an intimate look into the lives of the people that used to live here. Check out an ancient shore, a private house, a bakery and more. The licensed guides on this tour can’t wait to share some of the most unique stories and personal anecdotes with you!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
Let your host take you on a two-hour journey through the most spectacular areas in Pompeii. Visit an ancient theatre, bath, brothel, and forum amongst others followed by incredible stories from your knowledgeable guide.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Villa dei Misteri, Via Villa Dei Misteri 2, 80045 Pompeii Italy
Feeling hungry? Your host will show you the best lunch spot in Pompeii with several options to choose from.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ercolano, Ercolano, Province of Naples, Campania
Experience a completely different kind of town in ruins, ancient stores, private houses, and sacred sights, all to be explored. Enjoy a panoramic view of the historic remains and interesting stories from your licensed guide.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Pompei Scavi - Villa Dei Misteri, 80045 Pompei, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.