Beaujolais & Perouges Medieval Town - Full Day - Small Group Tour from Lyon
Escape from city and discover Lyon's magnificient countryside and its best sights. Visit Oingt & Pérouges listed among the 157 most beautiful towns in France and taste award winning Beaujolais wines at a small family winery. An educative & fun tour among friends you will remmeber for ever.
per adult from
What's included :
- High Comfort 8-seaters minibus with air-conditionning
- Guiding in English and French language.
- Expert guide in wine and Lyon region.
- Wine tasting included (4/5 wines)
What's excluded :
- Lunch is not included. Menus from 17 euros in local restaurant in Beaujolais region.
- There is No hotel pick up. For Tour Departure, guests must join the Meeting Point / Lyon Office de Tourisme building located Bellecour Square.
- Morning : Beaujolais Golden Stones & Wine Tasting
At 9:00 am, your small group tour minibus leaves Place Bellecour in Lyon to explore Beaujolais considered as France's prettiest wine region and discover the unknown beauty of the Golden Stones Country.
Cross several medieval towns built in ochre-coloured stones and see majestic castles. Visit the lovely picturesque village of Oingt and enjoy panoramic views of stunning landscapes with rolling hills dotted with vineyards.
Then push the door of a family winery and immerse yourself in history, "terroir" and tradition meeting the winemaker himself.
Enjoy a private vineyards inspection, learn about the wine making process and wine taste several Beaujolais wines in a friendly atmosphere.
Lunch : in a beaujolais Restaurant
Delight yourself with a delicious meal in a typical Beaujolais "bistrot" restaurant which serves regional cuisine. Our guide will be happy to translate and explain all the different courses for you ! Lunch is not included (menu of the day 15 €/pers).
Afternoon : Visit of Perouges Medieval Town
Discover Pérouges medieval town, a "must see" attraction which makes you travel back to the middle age times!
Walk along cobblestone streets and appreciate the achitecture of ancient houses from the XIII to the XVI century. Learn about french History as you discover this unique setting used several times for background films including the 3 Musketeers.
Finally enjoy 30 minutes of free time : stroll through little craft souvenirs shops, try the local speciality pancake called "galette" or wine-taste some "bugey-pinot-noir" wines at a second wine cellar (not included in the tour).
At 5:15 pm, end of the tour, back to Lyon and drop off at Bellecour Square in front of Lyon Office de Tourisme
Just a beautiful day !
Departure Point :Office du Tourisme et des Congrès de la Métropole de Lyon, Place Bellecour, 69002 Lyon, France
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.