Beagle Channel Boat Navigation with Penguin Colony and Harberton Ranch
This excursion only happens between October and March.
Sail to the Sea Lions Island, Birds Island and the Les Eclaireurs Lighthouse. Enjoy the Magellanic penguin colony and visit the historical Harberton Ranch. During the navigation we will also see a colony of Sea Lions and Imperial Cormorants, among other birds. The return is by bus driving through the “J” Road and the National Road N° 3, where we will be able to appreciate the landscape of woods, valleys and mountains.
per adult from
What's included :
- Boat Navigation
What's excluded :
- Port taxes (USD 4)
- Pickup from hotels
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canal Beagle, Ushuaia Argentina
The tour starts from the Ushuaia pier.
Beagle Channel, Isla Lobos is a navigation experience to the Beagle Channel that starts from Ushuaia Pier. The ship will stop on the “Los Pajaros” island, where you will see the local wildlife, particularly Skuas, Black-browed Albatross, Steam Ducks, Cauquenes, Gaviotas Cooks Gaviotas and Gray Gaviotas.
After getting to “De Los Lobos” island, the main attractions are going to be the sea lions of 1 and 2 hairs. Those islands are part of the Bridges archipelago. Then travelers will reach the “Les Eclaireirs” Island, to see the lighthouse, the Royal, and Imperial Cormorants, and learn the story of the SS Monte Cervantes´s shipwreck, many years ago on the 30´s.
On Karelo Island, you will have the option to walk around. There it is possible to see Yámanas´s shell middens and also the flora and avifauna of the place. The walk takes about 30 minutes and during the winter depends on the amount of snow. Finally, on your return to Ushuaia, you are going to be amazed by the incredible landscape of the Martial´s Mountain.
In the morning starts at 8.30AM
In the afternoon starts at 3PM
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego Province, Argentina
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.