Be a Sherpa Porter on an Everest Base Camp Trek - 16 days
The life of a Nepalese Sherpa has long been considered exotic and exciting: Sherpa Porters live their lives on the mountain, carrying the luggage of travellers hoping to glimpse the incredible views and altitudes that the Sherpa’s are able to enjoy almost every day. Sherpa's live their lives high in the Himalayas and their lives are tied to the mountains.
The youngest person to ever reach Everest's summit was a Sherpa boy named Temba Tsheri who was just 16 when he reached the peak in 2001. One of the most famous Sherpa’s though is Tenzing Norgay who, alongside Sir Edmund Hilary, became the first person to reach the mountain’s summit in 1953. It is famously said that Norgay did everything that Sir Edmund Hilary did, but whist carrying a tremendous weight at the same time.
per adult from
What's included :
- 4 nights accommodation in Kathmandu (twin sharing) with breakfast
- 11 nights accommodation at Guest Houses on the trek (twin sharing) with breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Professional Trek guide
- 1 Sherpa shared porter for 2 persons
- Round-trip flights (Kathmandu / Lukla / Kathmandu)
- Trek permits
- Pick up / drop off as per outlined itinerary
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Trekking equipment including sleeping bag and jacket
- Travel Insurance
- Nepal visa
- International flight ticket
- Take The Sherpa Challenge
If you would like to experience the life of a Sherpa and become a real Sherpa Porter on an Everest Base Camp Trek then we now offer this experience to our most adventurous customers who are booked to enjoy an Everest Base Camp trek.
You will be given a basket or backpack of trekking supplies to carry on your trek in order to experience the Sherpa Porter life. The basket / backpack you are given will weigh up to 25 kg, and in order to successfully complete the challenge you will be required to carry the basket for at least thirty minutes.
Once you have enjoyed your experience as a Sherpa Porter, and successfully completed the challenge, you will receive a certificate from the company confirming that you completed your Sherpa Porter mission. You will also be gifted with a T shirt from the company which reads: "I was a Sherpa Porter in Nepal" if you manage to carry the basket of supplies for the full 30 minutes. Will you be strong enough? Who knows, maybe this fun challenge during your time at Everest Base Camp could be the start of a brand new career path!
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1350 meters)
Day 02 : Flight Kathmandu to Lukla (2804 meters) and trek to Phakding (2610 meters)
Day 03 : Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3535 meters)
Day 04 : Acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar; hike to Syanboche Airport
Day 05 : Trek from Namche to Tengboche (3850 meters)
Day 06 : Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4410 meters)
Day 07 : 2nd Acclimatization day in Dingboche; Hike to Chhukung valley
Day 08 : Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4950 meters)
Day 09 : Trek from Labuje to Everest Base camp (5400 meters) and return trek to Ghorakshep (5160m)
Day 10 : Hiking from Ghorakshep to Kalapathar (5545 meters), then trek to Pheriche (4280m meters)
Day 11 : Trek from Pheriche to Namche Bazar
Day 12 : Trek from Namche to Lukla
Day 13 : After breakfast fly back to Kathmandu
Day 14 : Leisure day in Kathmandu (it´s also a spare day incase of any flight delay in Lukla due to bad weather)
Day 15 : Leisure day in Kathmandu (it´s also a spare day incase of any flight delay in Lukla due to bad weather)
Day 16 : Transfer to Airport for your home departure. End of the tour!
Departure Point :Kathmandu Suite Home or Nepal Hiking Pvt. Ltd.
Departure Time :7:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.