Be a Javanese! Traditional Batik Fabric Drawing Class
In this trip you will be making fabric based (traditional) Batik. Batik is a technique of wax-resist dyeing applied to whole cloth, or cloth made using this technique, originated from Indonesia, Batik is made either by drawing dots and lines of the resist with a spouted tool called a canting, or by printing the resist with a copper stamp called a cap. The applied wax resists dyes and therefore allows the artisan to colour selectively by soaking the cloth in one colour, removing the wax with boiling water, and repeating if multiple colours are desired.
Indonesian batik made in the island of Java has a long history of acculturation, with diverse patterns influenced by a variety of cultures, and is the most developed in terms of pattern, technique, and the quality of workmanship. In October 2009, UNESCO designated Indonesian batik as a Masterpiece of Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity.
per adult from
4 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Lunch - Lunch with traditional food
- Snacks - Traditional snacks of Java
- Bottled water - You will always get a bottled water. There are two bottles we provide: 1) environmental friendly (using our bottles) and 2) conventional bottle
- Use of batik materials and tools
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Eko Wisata Bayat
What's excluded :
- WiFi on board
- Personal needs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Eko Wisata Bayat, Kecamatan Bayat, Klaten Indonesia
Travelers will go to batik tourism village of Jarum in Klaten Regency. Jarum is one of the oldest batik artisan village which have provided Mataram Sultanates' batik for centuries. You will be creating your own batik design on fabric medium until the end product with colors. You will also learn and listen to the stories and legend of Jarum village batik as a part of Mataram Sultanate's heritage.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Jalan Pendem Raya, Jl. Pendem Raya, Dusun I, Jarum, Kec. Bayat, Kabupaten Klaten, Jawa Tengah 57462, Indonesia
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from anywhere inside Yogyakarta, Klaten, and Surakarta. Please contact us for specific places.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.