Basement Underground Exploration of Popocatl
DAY 1- Meeting at the designated meeting point 6:30 am, departure 7:00 am to Veracruz, arrival at the exploration area, traditional food from the mountains, armed camping, beginning of the introductory course to caving, ( recognition and use of equipment and materials, knots, anchors, vertical progression techniques, descent and ascent), group comments, dinner, rest.
DAY 2- Breakfast, preparation of equipment, trekking to the basement, armed descent systems, final review of procedures, descent to the basement, exploration of the cave, exit of the basement, return to the camping area, food, group comments, Camp up, return to Mexico City, end of our services.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Dinner - includes a dinner and a traditional mountain meal in our base camp
- Includes use of personal technical equipment and collective technical equipment
- Specialized guides, Introductory course, Radio communication systems, Access permits
What's excluded :
- unspecified concepts
In this adventure we will make an Underground Exploration in the Basement of Popocatl, it is located in the state of Veracruz, it has a vertical shot of 80 meters, the diameter of its mouth is 45 meters; The Coatl River penetrates completely forming an underground waterfall of 60 meters, one of the most impressive in Mexico. the gallery through which the river continues is 250 meters long and up to 40 meters high, on the roof you can see large logs dragged by the floodwaters, the river is lost in a siphon in which there are blind fish. It is inhabited by a wide variety of amphibians and insects adapted to dark conditions and numerous flocks of swallows and swifts.
Through rope systems we begin our underground exploration by rappelling down the side of the basement until we reach a ledge already inside the impressive mouth of the cave, then another maneuver is executed in ropes to continue the descent to the underground lagoon formed by the Coatl River, once off the descent line we will prepare to enter another vault where we will discover a fascinating world where few people have been.
Departure Point :Calle Río Tiber 204, Cuauhtémoc, 06500 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Juarez Intl Airport, Mexico City Mexico
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.