Barumini Su Nuraxi and Casa Zapata
Transfer will bring you from Cagliari to see Barumini complex and Casa Zapata. No meals included. After the guided excursion the comfortable minivan will bring you back to Cagliari.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Su Nuraxi di Barumini
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Su Nuraxi di Barumini, Viale Su Nuraxi, 09021 Barumini SU, Italy
The excursion begins at Piazza Yenne round about at 9:00, Cagliari, no hotel pick ups. You will travel in a comfortable minivan with air condition to Barumini complex. About 3,500 years ago, the ancient people built a Nuraghe and a small village made of huts on the hill of Barumini. The Nuraghi are outstanding monuments halfway between the defensive and civil building, and they survived to this day testifying an ancient culture linked to the megalithic civilizations of the Mediterranean area. The Nuragic civilization played an important role in the spread of Mycenaean culture and of the Phoenician culture later, although some of its features remain a mystery, almost unintelligible, perhaps because they are foreign to the classical Greek culture. The most famous piece of the complex is “Su Nuraxi”: the most complete and best preserved example of Nuraghe and since 1997, it registered to the Unesco World Heritage List. You will visit also Casa Zapata Museum which is open from 2006. The museum is organized into three sections: archaeological, historical and ethnographic. The peculiarity of “Casa Zapata” is the presence of a seventeenth-century building that lies on the ruins of a Nuragic complex called “Nuraxi e Cresia “ As a result of the excavation works at “Su Nuraxi”, carried out in the 50s by professor Giovanni Lilliu, there was an increasing need and desire to create a place that could keep all the discovered materials, and “Casa Zapata” has a role in keeping, promoting and enhancing these assets.
Admission tickets and guide are included in the excursion price. Meals are not included.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Piazza Yenne, 09124 Cagliari CA, Italy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.