Barcelona Semi Private Tour of Gothic Quarter with Churros | with Private option
The Barcelona Walking Tour of the Gothic Quarter with Churros (Semi Private and Private options available!) introduces you to one of Barcelona’s most notable neighbourhoods of this magical city. Follow your professional local expert guide through some of Barcelona’s most historic areas, either in your very own private group or, if you selected a Small Group Tour, in a group of ONLY 6 people max. Your guide will take you down narrow streets that are centuries old with tales and legends to prove it, bringing the Gothic Quarter to life. Hear the stories and tales behind some of the most culturally and historically significant architecture works in the city and learn about the crossroads of cultures including the Roman, Goth, Jewish, and Spanish. Your Walking Tour of the Gothic Quarter will end on a sweet note with a delicious churros & chocolate, just like there locals do it.
per adult from
What's included :
- Small Group of ONLY 6 people!
- Professional Local Expert Guide
- Comprehensive Walking Tour of one of Barcelona's most famous and ancient neighbourhoods!
- Enjoy a delicious Churro with Chocolate!
- Possibility to upgrade to a PRIVATE tour!
- Entry/Admission - Barcelona Cathedral
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Barcelona Cathedral, Pla de la Seu, S/N, 08002 Barcelona Spain
Begin this fantastic walking tour at the Barcelona Cathedral, also known as the Cathedral of St. Eulalia. The cathedral is a wonderful example of Gothic architecture at its finest. The Gothic Quarter is a must see when visiting Barcelona, situated in Barcelona's Ciutat Vella (Old Town). A walk through this neighborhood is a walk through European history.
You will also visit the cloisters where within the courtyard live 13 white geese, known as the Well of Geese, symbolizing the years of St Eulalia’s life before she was tragically taken away by the Romans.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Church of San Felipe Neri, Plaza Sant Felip Neri, 5, 08002 Barcelona Spain
Continue your exploration of Barcelona's Old Town strolling through Plaza Sant Felipe Neri, home to the Church of Sant Felipe Neri, a hidden gem not many travellers get to experience. Learn how the church survived the Spanish Civil War, and how it was restored to its former self.
Pass By: Placa de Sant Jaume, Placa Sant Jaume, 08002 Barcelona Spain
Your guide will then walk you to the wonderful gem that is Place de Sant Jaume, once in the heart of the Roman city of Barcino, later known as Barcelona. Now the administrative district of both Barcelona and the region of Catalonia, the square is the home of the Barcelona City Hall as well as the Generalitat de Catalunya.
Pass By: MUHBA Temple d'August, c/ Paradis, 10, 08002 Barcelona Spain
Continue your stroll and walk by the impressive Temple of Augustus, dedicated to the homonymous Ancient Roman Emperor. Its columns, considered the pinnacle of Roman Architecture, reach a height of 30 feet and are as old as the city itself.
Pass By: Placa del Rei, s/n, 08002 Barcelona Spain
Continue onto Plaza del Dei, the very square Christopher Columbus met King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella after his first journey to the New World. Today the square is a cozy and picturesque gathering place with cafés, cocktail bars and restaurants.
Stop At: Gothic Quarter (Barri Gotic), Mediterranean Seafront to Ronda de Sant Pere, Ciutat Vella, 08002 Barcelona Spain
At this point your hunger for knowledge will have been satiated, so it is time to satisfy your bodily hunger with some delicious churros dipped in chocolate! A true Barcelona treat! yum!
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Plaça Nova, 5, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note: the maximum number of people per booking is 6, both for private and for small group tours. If you wish to book a private tour for more than 6 people, then simply process multiple bookings and we will make sure to put your group together!
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and has always been sustainable. We are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, especially in this time. Due to Covid-19 safety regulations, sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.