Barcelona Combo Tour: Montserrat Day Trip and Barcelona Gaudi Tour
See the Black Madonna known as La Moreneta in the Basilica of Montserrat. Listen to one of the oldest Boys’ Choir in Europe (depending on schedule). Walk around the sanctuary and imagine the many lives lived by the monks at the site through the centuries. Visit Park Güell. Walk along the most important street in Barcelona and admire the two most important Gaudí Houses from the outside.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local bilingual guide
- Radio guide system
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Guided walking tour outside of the Sagrada Familia
- Guided walking tour of Passeig de Gràcia (Casa Milà “La Pedrera” and Casa Batll
- Guided walking tour of Park Güell with admission tickets.
- Taste of 4 typical liquors and entrance to the audio visual “Espai Audio visual Montserrat”.
- Discounts at some of the main attractions
- Entry/Admission - Abadia de Montserrat
- Entry/Admission - Montserrat Museum
- Entry/Admission - Parc Guell
What's excluded :
- Sagrada Familia, Casa Milà “La Pedrera” and Casa Batlló admission tickets.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Basilica of the Sagrada Familia
- Entry/Admission - Passeig de Gracia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Abadia de Montserrat, Carretera BP-1121 S/N, 08199 Montserrat Spain
Board a coach from our office in central Barcelona to the magical mountain of Montserrat. Famous for its peculiar morphology, its name comes from the Catalan words Mont (mountain) and Serrat (serrated). World-famous for its rocky geography, Montserrat beautiful scenery was declared National Park in 1987 to protect its natural and cultural wealth.
Follow your local guide through the site and learn about the history and architectural style of the Monastery. A community of 80 monks currently lives and follow the rule of Saint Benedict in Montserrat. Fall in love with the Gothic and Renaissance details of the basilica and sanctuary. Learn about the legend of the miraculous apparition of the Black Madonna and Child in the cave of Santa Cova. To this day their wood carving is kept in the Church of the monastery, which you will be able to visit. The figure is popularly known as La Moreneta (The Black Madonna) as a result of a varnish reaction.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Montserrat Museum, Montserrat Spain
Besides the main area, there are a great number of small churches and trails you can follow. You will be given free time to taste the finest liquors, shop for locally produced treats or visit the audio visual exhibition once our guided tour finishes.
Check in back again at our office in central Barcelona 15 minutes before the starting time of the afternoon activity. Meet your guide and come aboard an air conditioned coach towards Sagrada Familia.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Basilica of the Sagrada Familia, Carrer de Mallorca, 401, 08013 Barcelona Spain
The first part of this afternoon tour will start with a walking tour around the exterior of la Sagrada Familia, where we will discover its history and the symbolism hidden behind its ornamentation.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Parc Guell, Carrer d'Olot, 5, 08024 Barcelona Spain
Board your bus back again for a short trip to the Park Güell, located in the upper part of the city. Enjoy a guided tour of the Park with your local guide and discover why it is one of the most emblematic works by Gaudí. Wonder at the magnificent skills of Gaudí and its organic style, displayed all over the park. Did you know the Park is a World Heritage Site by UNESCO?
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Passeig de Gracia, Barcelona Spain
Follow your guide and board the coach again for a short trip to Passeig de Gràcia, the most important street in the city. Stroll down the same admiring the many modernist buildings, learn about their history and significance.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Casa Mila - La Pedrera, Passeig de Gracia, 92, 08008 Barcelona Spain
Casa Mila - La Pedrera
Pass By: Casa Batllo, Passeig de Gracia, 43, 08007 Barcelona Spain
Departure Point :Carrer de Balmes, 5, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Casa Batlló, Passeig de Gràcia, 43, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There is approximately 35 min between both parts of the excursions, during this time you will be able to get lunch (not included) in the city center of Barcelona.
- Note that the children's choir performance is subjected to the school calendar and special events of the choir and monastery.
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
- At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination.
- Queues to see the Black Madonna may occur depending on season.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.