Barcelona : Paella Cooking Experience + Boqueria Market Exclusive Tour
Wanna learn how to cook a traditional Spanish seafood paella? Then take a walk through the old town, and also visit La Boqueria with the chef to buy ingredients. Sample some tasty tapas, make sangria, and follow the chef as he prepares a paella de marisco for you to enjoy.
Once the paella de marisco is finally ready to be enjoyed, you’ll head back to the tables, sit down, and enjoy the feast along with your own freshly mixed sangria.
✔ Walk with a trained chef on an introductory tour of the world-famous Mercat de la Boqueria.
✔ Savor some of the most traditional Spanish and Catalan hot and cold Tapas.
✔ Learn how to build traditional Basque Pintxos or Montaditos – the “tapas with toothpicks”.
✔ Get all the original recipes.
✔ Discover how to create an enormous Seafood Paella through an interactive cooking workshop with the group.
✔ Learn all about mixing and drinking your very own Sangría.
✔Learn how to make own pan con tomate
✔Hot and cold Spanish and Catalan tapas
per adult from
What's included :
- Learn about La Boqueria introduction tour (subject to La Boqueria market opening hours)
- Stroll through the old town of Barcelona
- Enjoy Hot and cold Spanish and Catalan tapas
- Join Pintxos making class
- Figure out Paella cooking display and follow interactive instruction
- Enjoy Sangría mixing class Authentic homemade paella de marisco
- All original recipes will be emailed to you
- Local taxes and fees is applied on all food and drink
- Entry/Admission - El Born
What's excluded :
- Transportation is not offerred
- Sharing tips is prohibited
- No sunday market tour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mercat de la Boqueria, La Rambla, 91, 08001 Barcelona Spain
On this 3-hour activity, you’ll join a professional chef on an introductory tour of the world-famous Mercat de Sant Josep de la Boqueria, Barcelona's oldest and best food market, dating back to the 13th century.
While describing the foods on offer, especially the seafood, and the basics of Spanish and Catalan cuisine, the chef will buy some of the fresh ingredients needed to prepare an authentic paella de marisco, or seafood paella, and Spain’s traditional rice dish.
Walk with the chef through the winding streets of La Ciutat Vella, or old town, to El Born, the most fashionable district of the city.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: El Born, La Ribera, Ciutat Vella, 08003 Barcelona Spain
Enter to your private dining room that’s adjacent to the big open kitchen where the chef will prepare the delicious paella de marisco, as you watch the process.
The chef will introduce you to a variety of the famous appetizers.
Learn how to make your pan con tomato, the most typical Catalan tapa, and how to build traditional Basque pintxos or montaditos, the tapas with toothpicks. Then you can enjoy your creations accompanied by some lovely sangría.
While you are eating your tapas and homemade pintxos, the chef starts preparing the ingredients and the kitchen to cook the paella de marisco.
As the chef begins to prepare the paella you’ll hear about the history of the dish, the ingredients used, and the steps in the preparation.
With the paella simmering in the kitchen you’ll be invited over to the bar where you’ll learn all there is to know about sangría, the world-famous Iberian wine punch that dates back to medieval times. Try your hand at mixing your sangría.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Carrer de la Boqueria, 27, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- The market tour is not included on Sundays as the market is closed.
- This activity is an interactive paella making class, where people are given different jobs throughout the experience.
- A vegetarian option is available, please advise if you require a vegetarian meal upon booking.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Updated 12 June 2020 : Spain will be opening some of its tourist attractions from 15th June 2020. Many other attractions will be opening on 01 July along with oversees flights into Spain will also be resuming from 01 July 2020.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.