Bannockburn Battlefield (Outside Tour operated by Freedom Tour Today)
Freedom Tour Today was set up to welcome visitors to Stirling. Our priority is to give a warm welcome and to thank visitors for taking the time to remember Robert the Bruce, James Douglas and all those who fell at Bannockburn. The tour is based outdoor and covers the Scottish Wars of Independence, the Battle in 1314, the aftermath up to the current day. It had always amazed me the number of tourists that arrive, spend less than 10 minutes at the site of Scotland's greatest battle and then depart Bannockburn. I felt the story of the battle, why it was fought and how the Scot's were victorious deserved to be told. I shall entertain you with stories of the main characters and the small folk who influenced and took part in the battle. We also do a Stirling Bridge tour, the scene of William Wallace’s greatest victory. Freedom Tour Today is the perfect way to welcome visitors to the area and learn more about why so many people hold these historic sites and Scotland dear to their heart.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour guide
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Robert the Bruce Statue
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Robert the Bruce Statue, Glasgow Road Whins Of Milton, Stirling Scotland
Please note, this tour is not linked to the visitor's centre.
Our Walking tour will take place on the Battlefield itself. Bannockburn was crucial to the survival of Scotland as a Nation. Relive the history of Bruce’s greatest victory! Today the site is a peaceful and calming place to walk around and learn about the characters that sculpted Scotlands future for the next 4 Centuries as an Independent Nation.
Duration: 55 minutes
Departure Point :The Battle of Bannockburn Visitor Centre, Glasgow Road, Whins Of Milton, Stirling FK7 0LJ, UK
Return Detail :Robert the Bruce Statue, 35 Borestone Pl, Stirling FK7 0PP, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- The walking tours are outside and each tour is a private tour for your party.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.