Bangkok's Green Lung Jungle Cycling Adventure Tour
Take an adventure into the wilderness of Bangkok on a visit to the inner city of the oasis of Bang Kra Jao. Best reached by boat, this island is often referred to as the “green lung” of Bangkok and incredibly, has been left untouched by city developers.
- Experiencing Bang Kra Jao's nature & community by bicycle
- Serene boat ride across Chao Phraya River
- A stop by at lush green park & chance to feed the fish
- Remarkable adventure into the wilderness of Bangkok
- Unique views of wilderness & native culture on your ride
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Guided bike tour of Bang Kra Jao
- Bicycle rental and helmet
- Return Boat ride to cross Chao Phraya River
- Thai meal (Pad Thai – Thai noodles or Khao Pad – fried rice)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Khlong Toei Market, Rama IV Road Khlong Toei, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110 Thailand
This unique half day excursion starts every day at 08:00 & 13:00 hrs from MRT Station Queen Sirikit (Exit number 1). The guide will wait for you at Exit number 1, holding a sign with your name.
We walk to the largest fresh market in the Thai capital, Talat Klongtoey, which is also one of the most authentic markets in the city. It attracts all kind of shoppers from street food vendors to chefs from some of Bangkok’s best five-star hotel restaurants. The market is almost like a small town inside a city with a network of stalls selling everything from fresh fruit, herbs and vegetables, meat, and insects to live frogs, ducks, chickens, clothes and countless other items in between.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Chao Phraya River, 780/488 Charoen Krung Road, Bang Kho Laem, Bangkok 10120 Thailand
After our visit to the market we continue by tuk-tuk for a short ride to the pier where we board a longtail boat to cross the Chao Phraya River, the ‘River of Kings’.
As soon as we get off the boat at the other side of the river, it feels like we arrived in a totally different world. No high-rise buildings, almost no traffic and lots of trees and plants. Welcome to the ‘Green Lung’ of Bangkok!
Stop At: Kung Bangkachao, Phra Pradaeng 10130 Thailand
Undiscovered by most tourists, here you can trade the traffic jams and sounds of busy Bangkok for singing birds and a cool breeze while cycling on quiet backroads and small hidden pathways. You will get a good impression how the local people live their life, far away from the crowded and wellknown tourist areas. We cycle along banana trees and coconut plantations, passing local houses on stilts and make a stop at a non-touristy Buddhist temple. At a local restaurant we will enjoy a delicious Thai meal (Pad Thai – Thai noodles or Khao Pad – fried rice) before we continue to a well-maintained public park where we will feed the fish. If you’re lucky, you might see some of the famous residents of this park, the huge monitor lizards! Although they look scary, they’re actually harmless.
Unfortunately it’s time to cycle back to the pier and cross the river again to busy Bangkok. At the other side I will assist you with a taxi back to your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Queen Sirikit MRT station exit 1, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Return Detail :Khlong Toei Pier, 59/3 Sunthon Kosa Rd, Khwaeng Khlong Toei, Khet Khlong Toei, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110, Thailand
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.