Bangkok: Damnoen Saduak Floating Market with Long-Tail Boat
Experience rural Thai culture and explore the canal waterways outside the capital on this 6-hour day trip to the Damnoen Saduak floating markets from Bangkok. Cruise by long-tailed speedboat with your guide to the floating markets. Discover the ancient canals constructed in the 19th century by Thailand’s King Rama IV. See the vendors selling local produce including fresh fruit and vegetables, traditional sweets and souvenirs. Soak up the atmosphere of the bustling, vibrant markets and gain insight into everyday life in Thailand.
* This superior quality tour guarantees...
-no unofficial stops on the way to/from the floating market will be made.
-no visit to the nearby elephant camp or snake farm
-no hidden charges
-each guest receives bottle of water and cold towel
-Guide engaged exclusively to operate this tour
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water and cold towel
- Hotel pick up and drop-off (centrally located Bangkok hotels only and if Transfer Option has been selected)
- Long-tail boat ride to Damnoen Saduak floating market
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Boat ride through the markets (optional extra, payable direct)
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, Damnoun Saduak, Ratchaiburi, Damnoen Saduak 70130 Thailand
Famous for its tourist-friendly floating markets, Damnoen Saduak is the one you’ll find in the tourist literature on Thailand. Bring your camera along to witness the river packed with wooden boats overflowing with fruit and vegetables, which they sell to people standing on land. The scene is colourful and loud; just as you’d expect from a Thai market. It is just 100km from Bangkok.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all major Bangkok City Hotels
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour includes hotel pick up / drop off and is available from most central Bangkok hotels. This Option can be amended and/or cancelled. You will be able to arrange pick up from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation. Hotel pick up may be 30-60 minutes prior to tour Start time/Departure time (depending on hotel location).
- This is a superior standard Activity that operates Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must always be accompanied by an Adult
- If you have mobility problems, you may have difficulties getting into or out of the long-tailed speedboat. Please advise your guide of this at the commencement of the tour.
- Please Note: long-tailed boat ride to the floating markets will be approximately 30 minutes
- Rates for child apply to those between the heights of 90-140 cm. Child height over than 140 cm. and/or older than 10 yrs old is considered to adult rate.
- The optional paddle boat ride at the floating markets is 900-baht per paddle boat. Minimum 2 persons / Maximum 6 persons (The more sharing the paddle boat the less the cost is for each person. This depends totally on the individual and is paid direct at the floating market.)
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes past the pick up time you may be considered a NoShow.
- You will have approximately 2 hours to spend at the market. Please allow 6 hours for the whole day.
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
- Minimum number applies for tour to operate
- Travel times are approximate and depend on traffic conditions
- Please Note: long-tail boats and paddle boats do not have life-jackets small enough for very young children. Adults are responsible for their children at all times
- Please plan to meet your tour guide at your hotel lobby at least 10 minutes prior to scheduled pick-up time .
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- I Asia Thailand has an exclusive partnership with 'Safety in Asia’. Being specialists in Health & Safety management in the hospitality industry, they will guide us on the best hygiene practices available. 'Safety in Asia' is FTO (Federation of Tour Operators) approved.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.