Banana beer brewery
Traditionally shared during weddings and other celebrations, banana juice (and beer!) has long been a central part of Rwandan parties. Although nowadays banana juice can be easily bought from the local store, the traditional technique for making your own brew is a much greater labor of love.
In the morning, you will work with your rural host to collect the green bananas and the leaves needed to begin the process. Next you’ll dig a hole and bury the bananas to ripen over time.
After enjoying a simple meal with your host family, you’ll head to the tap to collect water. The ripening process takes four days, but don’t worry- you won’t need to wait. Your hosts will have some already-buried bananas for you to dig up. You’ll then peel, mash, and strain the bananas using traditional techniques, and voila- you’ve made authentic banana juice.
The day finishes back at the local pub where we boil the beer is sold to the local people so it is easy for you to taste and take away.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Volcanoes National Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Volcanoes National Park, Musanze Kinigi, Ruhengeri Rwanda
Taking pictures of the marvelous home to the famous mountain gorillas is a good memory to keep the whole lifetime.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Gakenke, Rwanda
Traveler pickup is offered
we pick up from all hotels in Rwanda according to the guest’s choice and the transportation cost doesn't include in the price of theservice.We charge according to the area covered.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.