Bago Full-Day Private Tour from Yangon
Visit Bago, an important 15th-century Mon Kingdom site, on a full-day tour from Yangon. A guide will show you popular landmarks and attractions, including the Kyakhat Wine Monastery, the Shwemawdaw Pagoda and the Reclining Buddha of Shwethel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water and cold towel
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Experienced English-speaking local tour guide
- Private transfers by air-conditioned vehicle (Saloon)
What's excluded :
- Domestic / International ticket to/from Yangon
- Meals other than mentioned (B : breakfast, L: Lunch, D : Dinner)
- Visits not mentioned in the program
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Tips for local guides and drivers / Camera Fees
- Start time: 08:00 am
Pickup/ drop off point: Hotel in Yangon
• Step back in time on a historical tour of Bago, a 15th-century Mon Kingdom site
• Marvel at the huge reclining Buddha of Sein Tha Lyaung
• Visit the Shwemawdaw Pagoda, one of the most venerated in Myanmar
08:00 Your guide and driver will pick-up at your hotel in Yangon. you’ll enjoy a drive to Bago, formerly known as Hanthawaddy of the Mon Kingdom in the 15th century. Enroute you’ll stop at the Htaukkyant War Monastery.
On this full-day trip, your guide will show you some of the most notable landmarks and attractions, such as the Kyakhat Wine Monastery, and the largest reclining Buddha of Shwe Tha Lyaung, located in the west of Bago.
You’ll also see the Hinthagon Pagoda, built on a hill by the great hermit U Khanti, in 1924, and the 4 giant Buddha images of the Kyaikpun Pagoda, built by King Dhammaceti in 1475.
Stop for lunch at a local restaurant before continuing to the Shwemawdaw Pagoda, one of the most venerated pagodas in Myanmar.
See the excavation site and restoration work of Kanbawzathadi, the palace of King Bayint Naung. The site includes the Bumble Bee Throne Hall and Royal Audience Hall, located at the center of the city wall.
You'll also visit the Teak-Post Museum that features teak posts found at the Kanbawzathadi Palace site excavation, and the Hanthawaddy Archaeological Museum as well. At the end of the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
• Bottled water and cold towel
• Lunch at local restaurant
• Experienced English-speaking local tour guide
• Private transfers by air-conditioned vehicle
• All entrance and sightseeing fees
• Beverages and meals not indicated as included
• Personal expenses
• Gratuities (optional)
Departure Point :Hotels in Yangon
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Hotels in Yangon
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.