Bagan Villages Cycling tour
This 8-hour tour of discovering Bagan’s villages by bike will give you a great opportunity to visit many famous pagodas here such as: the Shwe Pon Taung Pagoda and the Bu Kin Pagoda. Joining in this interesting tour, you will certainly enjoy stunning atmosphere of Bagan villages, admire these magnificent views that you have never expected as well as know more about the daily life of locals here.
What You'll Do
• Enjoy the tranquil atmosphere of the Bagan villages
• Admire these magnificent views over the top of the two pagodas
• Venture to explore the local villages to know more about the daily life of locals here
• Visit many famous pagodas here such as: the Shwe Pon Taung Pagoda and the Bu Kin Pagoda
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bike rental (Trek/Push 4200)
- Bike Mechanic (In case for emergency unseen matters)
- English-speaking guide
- Transfers to and from start point
- Lunch and snacks
- Water and Refreshing Towel
What's excluded :
- Bagan Zone Fee
- Meals other than mentioned
- Any other items not mentioned
- You will be picked up at your hotel at 08:00.a.m. by a travel guide and join in a pedaling tour of Bagan villages. Depending on your fitness levels, cycle time and distances can be different.
You will start your trip with a 2 kilometer ride on plastered roads before going to the westwards into the countryside. On the morning’s ride you will continue along this path to explore the local villages including Nwar Kyo, Kan Poat and Tuwin Tain.
Along the road, you should not miss a chance to watch the magnificent views of green rice paddy field, toddy palms and less-visited temple as well as a unique colonial-style monastery and ancient trees, like the shady tamarind tree in Let Wel village.
Next, you can make a stop for a picnic lunch in a shaded place, enjoy well-prepared food while relaxing in the tranquil countryside. There are also many interesting opportunities to take photos of the incredibly beautiful views.
Then, you will proceed to the base of the hills and bike parallel to them which offer great views of Shwe Pon Taung Pagoda and Bu Kin Pagoda-two of the most revered Buddhist temples in Myanmar.
Finally, you will be driven to your hotel when the tour ends at 16:00.p.m.
Departure Point :Hotels in Bagan city
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Hotels in Bagan city
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Distance: 25-35 kilometres (distance varies depends on number of villages visited; 90% dirt/san d track, 10%sealed road)
- NOTE: This trip is only recommended from September – March due to road conditions and weather Due to the nature of the route (narrow roads, not accessible by cars) we are unable to provide a support vehiclehowever we can shorten the route as needed or arrange a motorbike transfer in case of emergency.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.