Axe Throwing Lesson Belfast
Hi, I'm Gareth, I'm a professional axe thrower and the founder of Black Axe Throwing Co. Along with my co-hosts Kevin, Jake, Bronach, Alicia, Ryan and Jamie, we'll provide expert advice from your very first throw, giving you all the tools you need to land that magical first axe into the target. We'll cover safety and the basics, some advanced throws that you're probably not expecting and then finally... it's COMPETITION TIME. Test your new skills in our Golden Axe championship. Never held an axe before? Don't worry, we've got you. Just ask the 73-year-old grandma we taught to throw two axes at once! She nailed it.
per adult from
What's included :
- Axes and Targets!
What's excluded :
- No pets
- No one under the age of 16 may take part on be in the venue
After a warm welcome to our axe-cellent venue, we will jump right into a safety briefing. This covers how to stay safe, scoring and competition rules (we can't have any cheating at crunch time can we?).
Then it is to the reason you guys are all here, the AXES! We'll run through the basic technique, how to hold and how to throw the axe. Once we're through this, it is down to you to have a go! The instructor will be on hand throughout the session, watching your throw, offering advice on how you can improve. What is really important to us is that you start to understand your own technique so when you finally leave, you're a fully fledged axe ninja!
Once the basics are out of the way it's quickly onto a wide selection of new throws, double-handed, throwing with the axe head facing backwards, throwing 2 axes at once. These will all help you to develop a strong technique in time for ..the team COMPETITION! Pit your skills against the others in your group, competition mode always brings out some strong axe game!
Finally to end our glorious hour of axe throwing, we will take a group picture! (As long as everyone consents to the picture).
Departure Point :100-150 York St, Belfast BT15 1JH, UK
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.