Award-winning family friendly cycle tour to Edinburgh's coast
Leanne, your guide will ensure we go at your pace, ask as many questions as you like and enjoy the ride with your little ones, without the feeling of being rushed in a large group.
Leanne can modify the route to suit your families' ability and the beauty of this ride is that is it mainly on dedicated cycle paths. This is a fun ride with the promise of an ice cream (or coffee!) on the beach or inside to warm up if in winter. It is a 10 mile round trip.
per adult from
What's included :
- I shall supply bikes, helmets and gloves
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
We shall head through the beautiful Craigmillar Park, home of Craigmillar Castle, before heading through the 19th Century Victorian Railway tunnel taking us into Holyrood Park and riding past our extinct volcano, Arthur's Seat. We then head onto cycle paths all the way to the coast for coffee or Ice cream! This is perfect for families or those who want a gentle ride to the beach. We shall stop at historic sights and learn a little history about this ancient city.
• Innocent Railway Tunnel, 1 Holyrood Park, Edinburgh EH16 5BT Scotland
• Holyrood Park Education Centre 1 Queen's Drive, Edinburgh EH8 8HG Scotland
• Portobello Beach, 1 Promenade, Edinburgh EH15 2DX Scotland
• Craigmillar Castle Road, Edinburgh EH16 4SY Scotland
Departure Point :Bridgend Farmhouse Cafe, Edinburgh EH16 4TD, UK
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended if cannot ride a bicycle
- If your child cannot ride, I have a tag-a-long bike suitable for ages 3 - 5.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.