Avignon Walking Tour including Skip-the-Line Entrance to the Pope's Palace
Marvel at magnificent medieval architecture on this 3-hour walking tour of Avignon, including skip-the-line entry to the Pope’s Palace. Explore the UNESCO World Heritage–listed city of Avignon, home to the Papacy and seat of western Christianity in the 14th century. Follow your guide along the historical city walls for breathtaking views over the Rhône River. Beat the queues and enjoy swift access to the chambers and chapels of the Pope’s Palace. Admire 19th-century architecture in the beautiful Place de l’Horloge and finish with a glass of Côtes du Rhône wine.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed guide
- 1 glass of Côtes du Rhône wine
- Popes Palace ticket entrance
- Entry/Admission - Palais des Papes
- Entry/Admission - Restaurant Bar à Vin Le 46
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Avignon, Avignon, Vaucluse, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Enjoy a 3 hours walking tour in the city center
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Pont Saint-Benezet (Pont d'Avignon), Boulevard de la Ligne, 84000, Avignon France
See the medieval bridge, worldwide famous thanks to the childish song « Sous le Pont d'Avignon ».
Pass By: Cathedrale Notre-Dame des Doms, Place du Palais, 84000, Avignon France
Have a look at the façade of the cathedral
Stop At: Place du Palais des Papes, 84000, Avignon France
Visit the largest gothic style palace, true symbol of the influence of Western Christianity in the 14th century.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Place de l'Horloge, Avignon France
See the heart of Avignon city, its town hall and the opera house.
Stop At: Restaurant Bar à Vin Le 46, 46 Rue de la Balance, 84000 Avignon, France
Taste a glass of Côtes du Rhône wine.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :4 Rue de la République, 84000 Avignon, France
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :1: The Square Palace, 1 Place du Palais, 84000 Avignon, France
2: Restaurant Bar à Vin Le 46, 46 Rue de la Balance, 84000 Avignon, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not suitable for children under 4 years old
- There are a series of steps to climb to reach the Pope's Palace
- Anyone under 18 will not be served wine at the end of the tour
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- 4 persons minimum to guarantee the departure
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.