Avignon & the tiny villages of the Vaucluse to L'Isle sur la Sorgue private tour
L'Isle sur la Sorgue, an ancient town surrounded by a moat of flowing water, dates from the 12th century when fishermen built huts on stilts above what was then a marsh. By the 18th century, canals lined with 70 giant wheels powered silk factories & paper mills, you'll see them as you walk around the town. Today L’Isle is the Venice of Provence, home to antiques villages housing over 300 dealers - a really great way to begin exploring the Vaucluse. Next Fontaine de Vaucluse where the largest natural spring in Europe wells up outside the village creates a fast flowing river running through the village dotted riverside cafés & shops. Next a drive into the Vaucluse to Gordes to discover numerous tiny villages before visiting Avignon with an impressive legacy of ecclesiastical architecture, most notably World Heritage listed Palais des Papes that includes an array of impressive renaissance frescos. In Avignon, we include a visit to the Pont d'Avignon, but not the Palais des Papes.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Admission to Palais des Papes & Pont St Bénézet (Pope's Palace & Avignon Bridge)
- Entry/Admission - L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue Market
- Entry/Admission - La Fontaine de Vaucluse
- Entry/Admission - Vieille Ville de Gordes
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue Market, Avenue de 4 Otages, L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue France
The village of Isle Sur la Sorgue, a walking tour of the old town.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: La Fontaine de Vaucluse, France
Visit and walking tour of the old village and a walk to the water source at the the entrance to the village.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vieille Ville de Gordes, Gordes France
Walking tour of the ancient village of Gordes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
These are all private tours; so we are happy to coordinate with you a collection from another hotel or villa - just contact us when you reserve. We can meet and collect you from other hotels, guest houses, villas & AirBnB apartments in Avignon, Aix & Marseille.Airports
- Marseille Airport, 13727 Marignane France
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- IMPORTANT Health & Safety: Your health is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity. Stringent Cleaning - We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and in particular our hired vehicles and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests. Social Distancing - Guests will stay at a safe 6-foot distance during all points of the tour. We also ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE, if required to do so. The driver of a hired mini-bus will wear a mask as will our driver/guide whilst in the vehicle together. We recommend our guests to do likewise. Wellness Checks - Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Please see special note regarding our full Health & Safety policy
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.