Aviary on the island of Baru
There are seven hectares that allow us to observe a unique and wonderful collection in Colombia and Latin America. Birds are exhibited in a representation of their natural habitat, in environments very similar to those from which they originate.
Through ecological trails you can enjoy three ecosystem environments and 22 exhibits divided into large immersion aviaries, radial aviaries, marshes and lakes. They are different landscape, vegetable and water environments, which allow to appreciate a great diversity of bird species.
In the National Aviary of Colombia we have 170 species of birds and about 1700 copies. The route made in the Aviary is unidirectional and lasts approximately two hours
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Parking Fees
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Tickets to the Aviary
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Aviario Nacional de Colombia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aviario Nacional de Colombia, Km 14.5 via Baru, Isla Baru 130017 Colombia
There are seven hectares that allow observing a unique and wonderful collection in Colombia and Latin America. The birds are exhibited in a representation of their natural habitat, in environments very similar to those from which they originate.
Through ecological trails you can enjoy three ecosystem environments and 21 exhibitions divided into large immersion aviaries, radial aviaries, swamps and lakes. There are different landscape, plant and water environments that allow to appreciate a great diversity of bird species.
In the National Aviary of Colombia we have 190 species of birds and about 2000 specimens. The route taken in the Aviary is unidirectional and lasts approximately two hours.
During the tour you will find three ecosystems:
Tropical rain forest.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Isla Baru, Isla Baru, Cartagena District, Bolivar Department
The Aviary is on the island of Baru, the route there, we will pass through several communities within the island of Barú
Departure Point :Muelle de la Bodeguita, Avenida Blas de Lezo, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
Traveler pickup is offered
Rafael Núñez Airport in CartagenaAirports
- Rafael Nunez Airport, Cartagena Colombia
- Puerto de Cruceros
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We have strict biosecurity protocols when we finish a service, the driver guides change their face masks and disinfect the handlebars, buttons, dashboard, gear lever, windows, chairs and all the places where there was physical contact.Using 5th Generation Quaternary Ammonium
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.