Authentic Local Food Tour in Central Shanghai
Taste a dozen traditional Shanghainese dishes in 3 hours during this culinary tour of Yunnan Road, the old border between the former French Concession and Shanghai residential areas. Sample soup dumplings with black vinegar, parched chicken, steamed buns, scallion oil noodles, and much more. You'll see how immigration brought prosperity and a vast diversity of cultures to this fast-changing city. This tour offers multiple departure times throughout the day.
This tour is currently running late night special tour session at 8:30PM. During this late night session, you will be able to see the night Shanghai, to taste of some craft beers or desert with some fresh hand-pulled beef noodles and lamb kabab.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Food and drink tastings (enough for breakfast, lunch or dinner)
- Local beer or desert for late night session
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Xintiandi, Lane 181, Taicang Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai 200021 China
Meet your guide at the Huangpi Nan Road metro station and depart on foot for the Xintiandi area of Shanghai. Start with a taste of notable soup dumplings and learn from your guide about their construction, including the savory meat filling and flavorful broth.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Former French Concession, Former French Concession, Shanghai
Afterward, its a 15-minute walk to Yunnan Road, where you'll sit down alongside local residents catching up with their friends at three traditional restaurants and one dessert shop. On the way, notice French lane apartments of the French Concession give way to Chinese stone houses, called shikumen, and observe daily life among the street vendors, office workers, and mahjong players.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: People's Square (Renmin Guang Chang), People's Square, Huangpu District, Shanghai 200000 China
Sample authentic Shanghainese dishes, such as parched chicken, red-braised pork, scallion oil noodles, roasted duck, candied lotus rice, and spring rolls. Between food stops, you're offered green or black tea while your guide shares insights and anecdotes about Shanghai.
Duration: 50 minutes
Departure Point :Huangpi South Road Subway Station, Huang Pi Nan Lu Di Tie Zhan, Huai Hai Lu Dong Duan, Huangpu Qu, Shanghai Shi, China
Return Detail :Yunnan South Road, Yun Nan Nan Lu, Huangpu Qu, Shanghai Shi, China
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under 3 are free of charge
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.