Authentic Japanese Tea Tasting at a Tea Plantation
On this tour, you will get to try out tea leaf picking at the 300 year old "Sakyoen" tea estate, get a tour of the tea manufacturing plant, indulge in tasting the freshest tea and cross the Horai Bridge (Horaibashi), which is Guiness World Record certified as “the World's Longest Wooden Footbridge,” a total of about a half mile in length (897.4m).
*Please note: the tea picking experience is limited to May, June, and September, tea plantation tours are offered during the off season.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Pick up and drop off by car
- Japanese tea tasting
- Food tasting
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- After greeting your guide outside of the JR Kanaya station ticket gate between 10am and 5pm, you'll travel to Sakyoen tea plantation.
Sakyoen has been focused on the development of Japanese tea, harvest, and manufacturing. Experience freshness at hand, in the midst of a tea plantation that steam trains run alongside. The painstaking and dedicated work of tea production shows itself in the product, where a sweet scent graces each tea leaf. Taste Japanese tea at the source. Here, you'll pick tea leaves and enjoy a tasting session in the picturesque Sakyoen Garden.
About a 15-minute drive from Sakyoen, Horaibashi is a wooden footbridge with a length of 897.4 meters crossing the Oigawa River, and a width of 2.4 meters. As a valuable historical landmark, it is a tourist spot that represents the Shizuoka Prefecture and draws a large number of tourists. Famous as one of the few pedestrian toll bridges in the country, in 1997 it was recognized by the UK’s Guinness as the wooden footbridge which boasts the longest length of the world. Also referred to as a "bridge of longevity," there is popular folklore associated with the bridge.
After crossing the bridge, your tour concludes with drop-off at your original departure point.
Departure Point :Kanaya Station, Kanayashinmachi, Shimada, Shizuoka 428-0047, Japan
Departure Time :Between 10am to 5pm
*The hours of availability is subject to change. Please contact local supplier in advance.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.