Authentic Georgian Cooking Lesson and Meal with a Mother-Daughter Duo in Tbilisi
Join your local host Tamari and her mother Marina in their small kitchen for a hands-on cooking class, and learn to make chvishtari (cornbread with cheese) and felamushi (dessert with condensed grape juice) from scratch. At Tamari's dining table you can expect to share an authentic Georgian meal, rich in herbs, spices and nuts. Her family comes from the Samegrelo region (western Georgia) and is very proud of their Megrelian cuisine where herbs like tarragon, flat parsley, dill and coriander combine with walnuts and garlic for rich fillings and incredibly flavorful sauces! Tamari lives in a traditional apartment building that was constructed in the 19th century.
As a travel enthusiast, Tamari loves to meet new people and is excited to host travelers in her home for an authentic, interactive experience that captures the essence of Georgian culture. Join Tamari in her home, and get to know this wonderful country through its fantastic cuisine!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private cooking lesson with your host Tamari
- Homecooked meal
- Local alcohol (1-2 glasses)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Like most of us who believe their mom’s cooking is the best in the world, Tamari is no different! She gets her love, passion and inspiration for cooking from her mom - Marina, who is very skilled and has been preparing meals for the extended family for more than 25 years now! Tamari enjoys traveling and hence decided to make it her career. She has started her own wellness travel agency after completing her MSc in International Management in Spain.
“In Georgia we say that every guest is the gift from God. Thus it is no surprise that every visitor feels like a real member in our house.”
Departure Point :Tbilisi, Georgia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- An insider tip: You should bring a Georgian coin of 10 Tetri with you, so you can access the elevator. Enjoy the rustic ride up to the 5th floor!
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.