Auschwitz-Birkenau and Salt Mine in One Day from Krakow
The site of Auschwitz-Birkenau has witnessed the pain and suffering of more than a million people who lived and died in the confined premises of this site, death was the only way out.
The second leg of the tour takes you to the Wieliczka Salt Mine, one of the most popular historic monuments in Poland. With excavations dating back as early as the 13th century, the site produced table salt until 2007.
• Visit Auschwitz-Birkenau and Salt mine at one day.
• Great-value tour includes entrance fees, guides and hotel pick-up
• Explore 3 km of the underground corridors of the Wieliczka Salt Mine
• During the tour brake time between 30min - 90min
Safe tours COVID-19 free:
• Our vehicles are disinfected after every tour
• Drivers and guides wear protective masks.
• Before the start of the tour we measure the temperature of every participant
• Upon the entrance to the museum all visitor pass disinfections
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Hotel pick-up
- Entry/Admission - Panstwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Entry/Admission - Wieliczka Salt Mine
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Lunch - Lunch box (extra paid 25zł or 6€)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Panstwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-Birkenau, ul. Wiezniow Oswiecimia 20 Entrance to the Museum is located at Stanisławy Leszczyńskiej Str. no. 11, Oswiecim 32-603 Poland
• Start your tour by visiting the museum at Auschwitz-Birkenau memorial
• Visit the three concentration camps housed in the complex with a guide
• Guided tour of the Wieliczka salt mines
• Return to Krakow on the same day
Spread over 191 hectares of land, the museum is symbolic of the atrocities suffered by the victims living in the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camps. With ruins of gas chambers and the crematoria being a part of the museum grounds, your visit can help you imagine the carnage that took place on the same grounds less than a century ago.
The rest of the complex offers equally poignant experiences and deep insight into the unfathomable pain and horrors of the 1.2 million people who led their fateful lives in these concentration camps.
During the course of this guided tour, an experienced English-speaking guide will accompany you through the complex sharing important information about various parts of the camps and helping you better understand the significance of these camp relics.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Wieliczka Salt Mine, Jana Mikolaja Danilowicza 10, Wieliczka 32-020 Poland
Located not very far from the Krakow, the Wieliczka Salt Mines were excavated since the 13th century for its rock salt and had been used by the Nazis as an armament factory. The tour covers a 3km stretch of the mines where you will come across chapels, shafts, lakes, sculptures carved in rock salt and mining technology used centuries ago.
The salt mines require visitors to take a staircase consisting of 700 steps which takes you down to the level of mines. An elevator ride will bring you back to the ground level once the tour ends.
Tour duration – 10 - 12 hours
• Auschwitz I – 2 hours
• Auschwitz II – Birkenau – 1 hour
• Salt mines – 3 hours
All above times are approximate, time may vary slightly.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1: Hotel Warszawski, Pawia 4/6, 31-154 Kraków, Poland
2: Radisson Blu Hotel, Krakow, Straszewskiego 17, 31-101 Kraków, Poland
3: Lwowska 1, 30-548 Kraków, Poland
4: Starowiślna 65, 31-052 Kraków, Poland
5: Dietla 99, 33-332 Kraków, Poland
6: Garbarska 2, 31-131 Kraków, Poland
7: Wielopole 2, 33-332 Kraków, Poland
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickups are arranged from your hotel between 8:00 am and 10 am. The approximate pickup time can be verified by contacting the local service provider.All pickups are arranged from places with availability to stop, within a 2.5km radius from the Krakow city centre. If your pickup location is in an area beyond this or in an area with limited traffic, then you will be picked you up from the nearest possible pickup place.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/1/2020 - 1/9/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Tickets for children (3-11) includes entrance ticket without the receivers and headphones in Auschwitz. If you want your child to visit with headset please book "Youth tickets"
- Youth tickets discount is only with valid student ID card, in the day of the tour. Please ensure to take student ID card with you, otherwise you will need to pay an extra fee for an adult ticket
- Please note that the maximum size of bags and backpacks allowed on the museum grounds is 30 x 20 x 10 centimetres (roughly 12 x 8 x 4 inches). You can always leave your belongings inside the vehicle, or in the luggage store in Auschwitz.
- Before start we measure the temperature of every participant
- We may refuse to attend on the tour for customers having temperature over 37.5°C (99.5°F)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- 1. Before the start we measure the temperature of every participant 2. We may refuse to attend on the tour for customers having a temperature over 37.5°C (99.5°F) 3. Our vehicles are disinfected after every tour 4. Upon the entrance to the museum all visitor pass disinfections
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.