Auschwitz and Birkenau Tour
Experience Auschwitz, a place not to be liked but to be honored. It is very meaningful by itself and it is important for everyone to understand what happened and have the opportunity to educate themselves.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Entry/Admission - Panstwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-Birkenau
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Panstwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-Birkenau, ul. Wiezniow Oswiecimia 20 Entrance to the Museum is located at Stanisławy Leszczyńskiej Str. no. 11, Oswiecim 32-603 Poland
Be collected from your accommodation and transported in an air-conditioned minivan. Visit KL Auschwitz 1. Walk through the iron gate bearing the notorious slogan Arbeit Macht Frei, which means Work Sets You Free. See 22 brick barracks, which were prison for hundreds of thousands of victims of the Holocaust. The most chilling is block number 11, the so-called prison within the prison. Block 11 contained special torture chambers including dark chambers or standing cells where various punishments were inflicted on prisoners. The first attempts to kill people with Zyklon B took place in this block. The only preserved crematorium and gas chamber is located at the end of the camp.
After the visit to KL Auschwitz 1, travel in the minivan to KL Auschwitz 2 Birkenau. This part of the camp is 25 times larger than Auschwitz 1 and it was the largest of the death camps. Over 1,100,000 people were murdered here. Between 62 mostly wooden barracks first designed as stables are the ruins of 4 crematoriums and gas chambers, which were destroyed by the Nazis in an effort to hide the evidence of their crimes. End your visit at the Memorial and pay respect to all of the victims of Nazi's genocide.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Westerplatte 15, 33-332 Kraków, Poland
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 14 and under
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.