Ausangate & Rainbow Mountain
This is a breathtaking 3 – day trek in the Cordillera Vilcanota, on a route we call the “Camino del Apu Ausangate” located in close proximity of the highest Sacred Mountain in the Department of Cusco. The “Apu” is the Bearer of Life and guardian of one of the most pristine mountain ecosystems in the world.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Breakfast - Breakfast x 2, Lunch x 3, Dinner x 2, Snacks & Water
- Full camping equipment & dining service
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
Day 1 : CUSCO - ANANTAPATA
We will start the trek near the Ausangate Community, from there we will see the south face of the sacred Ausangate Nevado, as we continue towards the red sandstone formations of the "Nevado del Inca". Camping at Anantapata.
Day 2 : ANANTAPATA - HUAMPOCOCHA via RAINBOW MOUNTAIN
After breakfast, we take the trail to another mountain pass. Dropping down, you'll hike by Lake Kayrawiri, surrounded by rugged mountain peaks and the great valley below. Then we go on to Cerro Laya Grande via massive glacier del Inca, and the most striking colors in the sediments of Yauricunca. Huampococha Tambo, is our campsite for the night at the Camino del Apu Ausangate.
Day 3 : HUAMPOCOCHA - CUSCO
After a last climb over the Anta pass, we will gradually make our descent. The landscape changes quickly as the red sandstone formations are followed by the carsten erosion of limestone, forming a one of a kind stone forest, and a perfect habitat for “vizcacha” (members of the chinchilla family). By the time we get down the valley, our bus will be waiting for the return trip to Cusco, where you can reflect on an incredible journey.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pre-Trek Briefing on the evening prior to departure.Travelers to carry own personal equipment for trek.
Departure Time :4:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.