ATV Quad Bike Tours to Sacred Valley (Maras & Moray) - Half Day
We offer this fantastic Quad Bike Tour to Maras and Moray. Quad Bike tour is a unique yet a memorable way to explore the two main sights those are part of the Sacred Valley.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional bilingual tour guide
- Honda TRX 420 – TRX 250 Quad Bikes
- Security Equipment
- Insurance (SOAT)
What's excluded :
- Entrance Ticket All Sites (21 USD - 2 Days Access) | (39 USD - 10 Days Access)
- Entrance ticket to Maras Salt Mines - 10 Soles
- Entry/Admission - Moray
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Moray Valle Sagrado de los Incas, Maras 08655 Peru
We will pick you up from your hotel with in the historic centre of Cusco city. We will then start our 45 minutes journey to the community of Cruzpata which is located in the heart of the Sacred Valley of Incas. Here our guide will brief you about the route and will train you to manage your Quad Bike.
You will then start your journey trailing behind the guide along an unpaved road, you will then be riding around the Archaeological site of Moray, where our guide will share some insights on the site.
Everywhere you look in Cusco you can see how advanced the Incas were in their agricultural techniques, such as the terracing system and irrigation using aqueducts. In Moray, for example, they used circular terraces that demonstrate the high level of culture the Inca civilization achieved.
Moray is 4.5 miles from the town of Maras and 39 miles from Cusco. The main feature that impresses travelers is its system of circular agricultural terraces, which are up to 330 feet deep. They are build using retaining walls connected by an irrigation system.
Moray can be considered a crop lab– they used the terraces to create micro-climates and grow various products.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Maras, Maras, Cusco Region
You will then head to the town of Maras, a town known for its salt evaporation ponds. The salt mines, or the famous "salt pools" of Maras are located in the rural community of Pichingoto. This site is highly recommended for photography lovers because of its impressive landscape that stretches out in all of its splendor. It is also perfect for hikers and mountain bikers, since this trail connects the salt mines with the villages of Tarabamba and Pichingoto. On the way you would spot the snow capped peaks of Veronica and Chicon which falls under Urubamba mountain range. Once in Maras, you will walk through the salt mines where our guide will give you a tour.
After the tour, you will hop on to the vehicle for your journey back to Cusco.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will be picking you up from your hotel within the historic centre of Cusco. Please Note: This service doesn't include pick up in private residencies, example; Airbnb or hotels that are outside the historic centre.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.