Atlas mountain day hike from Marrakech
The environs of Marrakech offer many exceptional one day treks for all levels including families, groups, individuals, couples and anyone who would like to discover for themselves what everyone is talking and writing about.
We have built up a network of families where we can take clients to have lunch in typical Berber houses. This means that you are able to directly help a family and enjoy traditional local food in authentic surroundings. It gives you the opportunity to really connect with the locals.
There are many ancient traditions and cultural ways in these regions that are totally alien to western lifestyles and what are considered norms, but, for these people, have remained unchanged for generations, mainly because they interact so closely with nature and their environment which can be very harsh at times, the family unit is so strong and it is productive for them.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- private transportation from and to your accommodation in Marrakech
- English speaking Local mountain guide for the hike
- Picnic lunch in the nature or home made lunch in a local family house
- Mineral water
- Snacks and fruits during the day hike
What's excluded :
- Soft drinks
- personal expenses
- Departure in a private 4WD from Marrakech around 9am, and drive towards Imlil Valley passing by Moulay Brahim Gorges and Asni centre; well-known with its weekly Berber market every Saturday. After a further 17km we arrive in Imlil (1740m); a starting point of several trekking and walking options through the High Atlas valleys and Berber villages including Mount Toubkal (4167m); the highest summit in North Africa. Here you will leave our vehicle to take a welcome glass of mint tea in the village and meet your local guide prior to setting out for a 4km excursion which takes around 2 hours or 3 hours walking. The route takes you towards the south to the Berber village of Aremd at 2000m passing the hamlets of Ait Souka, Targa, and Imoula, and Targatoun Waterfall. From Aremd village you will be able to enjoy a panoramic view over the neighbouring villages and the high Atlas Peaks such as Mount Toubkal, Aguelzim summit, Adrar el Hadj, Tamatert pass, Mzik pass and Asaoul.
A short visit through Aremd with its narrow streets includes lunch in one of the Local Berber Lodges, then a walk through the irrigated terraced fields of barley, corn and vegetables and always surrounded by almond and walnut trees. The trek then continues for another half an hour until the stop for mint tea which will be served among a Berber family in the village of Mzik. After tea you set off back down the other side of the valley back to Imlil passing by the village of Arghen, and the return trip to Marrakech.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your accommodation
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.