Athens private photo tours
Learn how to capture stunning images alongside a distinguished photographer while exploring Athens!
Whether you want to document Athens’ life or to create compelling images out of city’s great landmarks, there is no better way to do it than shooting next to a top pro!.
Local seasoned photographers will instruct you on the field, on hand-picked locations and pass you on their trips and tricks how to capture images that make an impact!
Open to all levels – Any type of equipment is suitable
4-hour photo tours
Enjoy your photo tour in a private mode, with your friends or family.
Suggested photo routes: 1) the historical center of Athens with the neighbourhoods around Acropolis and 2)
Down Town Athens (the artsy neighborhoods of Psyri & Keramikos)
per adult from
What's included :
- Instruction by a seasoned professional photographer
- All taxes included
- Walking photo tour
What's excluded :
- Any personal expenses
- This is a photography workshop tour. The photographer will not provide any archaeological information.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Greece Photo Workshops, Athens 16561 Greece
The old neighbourhoods around Acropolis
Enjoy an immersive photo tour at the neighbourhoods around Acropolis. During your strollings to the quaint alleys of Plaka and further, all the vantage shooting points will be revealed to you through an elaborate route that doesn't miss the secret gems of each neighbourhood.
Upon your meeting with the photographer you receive some preliminary instructions according to your skill levels
Route: A photo tour around the Acropolis; Plaka, Thiseio and Dionysiou Areopagitou street.
Our photo walk starts through the historical area of Plaka where you learn how to navigate your surroundings, work with light, colour, background, influences and the challenges of the place; Neoclassical mansions and red-tiled roofs, small winding alleys, picturesque stairs, balconies blooming with bougainvillaea, and an intriguing mosaic of people. The whitewashed houses in the more relaxed Anafyotika and its island setting is one of the not-to-be-missed photo spots in the area. Reaching the more modern Thiseio and the pedestrianised Dionysiou Areopagitou street admiring the houses and the Acropolis standing majestically above you, you would have trained your eye to capture images that make an impact!
Some spectacular views to the grandeur of the Parthenon await to be photographed from the opossite to Acropolis, Philopappos hill. The spot is ideal for you to learn how to take stronger landscape shots using more efficiently your camera's settings.
An alternative route is Down Town with the neighbourhoods of Psiri and Keramikos.
Document the bustling and arty life in Psiri and the bohemian one of the nearby Keramikos. Under the guidance of the pro you will be taught more than just taking pictures, how to expand your ability to choose compelling subjects and portray them in more meaningful ways. A camera provides the perfect excuse to go beyond simply what can be seen, to discover the authentic culture of each place. Old fashioned artisans workshops, hidden alleys, counter culture and alternative spaces, street, bars and traditional tavernas, coexist in harmony, creating a fascinating atmosphere waiting you to tell their stories through your pictures. During your strolls to the vibarnt alleys you will learn how to improve your photographs of people and capture a person's true character.
Both areas offer you a wide array of street photography opportunities, a fascinating atmopshere and consist some of the most interesting faces of the non-classical Athens!
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :1: Church of the Pantanassa, Mitropoleos 88, Athina 105 55, Greece
2: Acropolis Museum, Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athina 117 42, Greece
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Easy pace walking photo tours
- During the hot summer months, a hat is recommended
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- This is an outdoor experience, a walking photo tour. The experience is safe by its nature by just keeping the distances and each carrying his own equipment. If we need to enter an indoor space, we wear our masks. All the official restrictions and guides of the time, need to be followed.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.