Athens Evening Food Tour: Greek Gastronomy and History
Living like a local in Athens is an essential part of any stay in Greece. This small-group walking tour introduces you to a variety of Greek delicacies from a neighborhood perspective.
Meet your culinary guide in Syntagma Square for your tour. Set off on a leisurely 3-hour taking walks tour of the city center streets, while you visit along the way nearby spots and specialty meals shops.
Most important like no other food tour of Athens you will enjoy a unique olive oil lesson and tasting. Your guide will give you details about the delicious food you will be tasting and make sure that at the end you eat and have fan like a real Athenian.
Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, or even make purchases aside from the tastings, to take a taste of Athens home with you.
per adult from
What's included :
- Olive Oil Lesson and Tasting
- Happy Local guide
- Traditional Loukoumades
- Dinner at a traditional Taverna
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Additional food purchases outside of tastings
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Plateia Syntagmatos, Leoforos Vassilissis Amalias, Athens 105 63 Greece
Syntagma Square is the central square of Athens. The square is named after the Constitution that Otto, the first King of Greece, was obliged to grant after a popular and military uprising on 3 September 1843. It is located in front of the 19th century Old Royal Palace, housing the Greek Parliament since 1934.
Pass By: Plaka, Athens 10556 Greece
In the shadow of the Acropolis and its ancient temples, hillside Plaka has a village feel, with narrow cobblestone streets lined with tiny shops selling jewelry, clothes and local ceramics.
Pass By: Ermou Street, Athens Greece
Ermou Street, is a one and a half kilometer-long road in central Athens, Greece, connecting Kerameikos archaeological site with the Syntagma Square through Monastiraki, Psiri and Thiseio.
Departure Point :Syntagma Square, Pl. Sintagmatos, Athina 105 63, Greece
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.