Athens 4-Hour Cooking Class with Central Market Visit
Greece is famous for so many great reasons: Friendly people, beautiful nature, stunning landscapes and of course, amazing food!
We are so spoilt here with amazing produce, filled with flavour and always fresh as we enjoy it when it's in season!
Food is an important aspect of travel, and one of the things that people remember the most about their time abroad. Why not make it an even bigger part of your vacation and enjoy the experience of making excellent, tasty dishes that you can enjoy again and again at home meaning you'll always have something to remember your time here in Greece forever!
per adult from
What's included :
- A walk through the market with the cook
- All ingredients
- Water, a serving of wine/beer/soft drinks and a shot of local liquor
- Recipes to create the dishes at home
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up and drop off. Can be arrange with at least 12 hours notice
- The Greek Kitchen is the little foodie space in Athens. Our team of local, home cooks are here to take care of you and make sure you have fun from the moment you arrive!
Start the experience at The Greek Kitchen; it's a handy place to leave anything you don't want to carry to the market.
Head to Varvakios Agora, the central produce market in Athens, here you cook will take you on a shopping walk to pick up ingredients, meet some of the local traders and discover a few places you might not have already seen! It's not a tour of the market, but it's still an experience!
Back at The Greek Kitchen the hands-on experience will begin and you will be involved in the preparation of your dishes.
Your meal will be served with Greek Salad, fresh bread, a serving of wine or a beer and a shot of local digestive liquor.
End your time with us with a chance to relax, enjoy a drink with your food and let us take care of the dishes - don't forget your certificate!
• The Greek Kitchen, Athinas 36, Athens 105 51 Greece
• Central Market Athens, Monastiraki Greece
• Tzatziki - Creamy Greek yoghurt dip infused with garlic and cucumber
• Spanatyrokopitakia - We begin with a simple dough recipe that uses Greek yoghurt to make small pies stuffed with feta cheese and spinach
• Dolmades - Tasty little parcels of rice and herbs rolled up in vine leaves. A quintessential part of Mediterranean dining and you'll be able to make them!
• Melitzanes Papoutsakia - A delicious meal of roasted eggplant stuffed with a meat or mushroom tomato sauce and topped with creamy béchamel.
• Portokalopita - Sticky orange pie made from shredded phyllo, orange zest and cinnamon.
Departure Point :The Greek Kitchen, Athinas 36, Athina 105 51, Greece
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There is 30 minutes of walking on the market walk so please wear comfortable footwear and clothing that is weather-appropriate.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- To work with the new measures set out by the government of Greece we have reduced class sizes and will provide all traveller with the necessary gloves, facemasks and hand sanitizer to use while with us.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.