Athabasca River Mile 5
This two hour round trip (~one hour on the water ) is our most popular trip, and has the longest season, early May to late September. Your adventure begins with a 10 minute float followed by Class II rapids. Class II is an excellent introduction to white water as it offers a mix of splashy thrills, and calm floats.
Suitable for ages 5 and up.
For groups larger than 8 people, please contact us before booking.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Athabasca River
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Jasper Rafting Adventures, 618 Connaught Dr, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0, Canada
Please stop by our store at 618 Connaught Dr. if you have any questions.
Stop At: Athabasca River, Jasper National Park, Alberta Canada
The Athabasca River is a Canadian Heritage River, originating 100 km south of Jasper from the glaciers of the Columbia Icefield - the largest icefield in North America. You'll meet in the town of Jasper in the RV Parking lot adjacent to the Jasper Home Building Centre.
You'll then travel 8 km south of town to the put in point.
After suiting up in clean wetsuits and a safety talk, you'll head down the river. The section begins with a 10-minute float. This allows the paddler time to feel comfortable in the raft, experience the river environment and take in the 360-degree Mountain View. After this short float, the grade 2 rapids begin - great splashes for an introductory whitewater trip.
After four or five sections of rapids, the Miette River joins the Athabasca, highlighting the colour difference between a rain and snow fed river and a glacier fed river.
All necessary equipment is provided. Rain or shine, this trip is great for ages 5 to 95.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :RV Parking Lot, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0, Canada
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately, we go rain or shine
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Because paper masks become ineffective when wet, and are a potential safety hazard, we are not allowing them to be worn while on the raft. If you would like to wear a mask on the boat, please bring your own cloth mask, or a buff.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.