Athabasca Canyon Run Family Rafting: Class II Plus Rapids
Starting at the base of Athabasca Falls and plunging through numerous rapids surrounded by high canyon walls, this Class 2+ whitewater adventure is ideal for tentative first timers and those looking for an exhilarating trip to suit the whole family. After the canyon stretch, the river opens out and rafters will enjoy sweeping views of the scenic Athabasca Valley providing the perfect balance of whitewater for an introductory level trip.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Highly experienced, certified river guide
- All necessary technical equipment
- Return transfers to and from the river, departing from our Downtown Location
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- A 30-minute bus ride brings you to the river put-in at the base of Athabasca Falls where you will be given all the necessary equipment and will change into your wetsuit. Being prepared with your swimsuit on under your clothes allows you to be suited up and ready for the river in record time! Your highly experienced, certified guide will give an overview on all rafting and safety procedures before you jump onboard the 6 passenger, self-bailing raft.
As you embark, you will hear the thundering of Athabasca Falls plunging behind you. Your raft will join a turbulent stir of whitewater whisking you downstream as your guide expertly navigates the river, surrounded by the high rock walls of the Athabasca Canyon. In the first part of the 12 kilometer ride, you will punch through consistent sections of exhilarating Class II rapids before the river mellows giving you a chance to relax. Take in spectacular views of the Canadian Rockies and perhaps even spot some local wildlife on the shoreline of this pristine environment.
All technical equipment will be supplied including paddles, wetsuits, neoprene booties and paddle jackets. You will need to wear a swimsuit or t-shirt and shorts under your casual clothing. Be prepared to get wet! Bring dry clothes, a towel and on cooler days, wool socks to wear inside the booties and a warm jacket to put on afterwards. You are also welcome to bring snacks and water to enjoy on the bus to and from the river.
These trips do not require any previous experience and are suited for individuals aged 5 years and above, looking for an introductory whitewater adventure.
The total round-trip time is 3.5 hours which includes 1.5 hours on the water, instruction/safety briefing and all transfers to and from the river. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure for check-in procedures and to meet with your guide.
Departure Point :Jasper, AB T0E, Canada
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be a minimum of 5 years of age
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- This trip runs in all weather conditions. Participants will be provided with all the necessary technical equipment including wetsuits, spray jackets, neoprene booties and life jackets, however on cooler days, those prone to feeling the cold should bring either a fleece or wool jacket to wear underneath the spray jacket (No cotton should be worn)
- All departure times listed are in Alberta Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST).
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.