Atacama Salt Flat and Altiplanic Lagoons Day Tour
Discover the Atacama Salt Flat, the largest in Chile, home to one of the most important Flamingo Reservations, the Flamingos National Reserve. Make a soft walk along a path to the Chaxa Lagoon, in order to appreciate the rich fauna of the place.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only from october 2018)
- Insurance Passenger Transport
- Entrance fee
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Laguna Chaxa
- Entry/Admission - Piedras Rojas
- Entry/Admission - Lagunas Altiplanicas
- Entry/Admission - Iglesia de Socaire
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Valle de Jere, Toconao Chile
We have 15 minutes to walk through the Toconao Town and visit the San Lucas Church
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Laguna Chaxa, Reserna Nacional los Flamencos, San Pedro de Atacama Chile
We have around 50 minutes to walk through this place.
The Chaxa lagoon is part of the Los Flamencos national reserve
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Piedras Rojas, San Pedro de Atacama 1410000 Chile
We will have about 40 minutes in the viewpoint of Piedras Rojas, where you can see a volcanic conglomerate formed from the oxidation of iron present in that place.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Lagunas Altiplanicas, San Pedro de Atacama Chile
Later we will visit the Miscanti and Miñiques lagoons at more than 4,200 meters above sea level. Surrounded by imposing volcanoes caused by the elevation of the Andes, and habitat of a variety of birds, are a truly amazing destination.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Iglesia de Socaire, San Pedro de Atacama Chile
We stop in this place to take lunch
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Ignacio Carrera Pinto 451, San Pedro de Atacama, Antofagasta, Chile
Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not listed please approach to Ignacio Carrera Pinto 451 at 08:00am
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- From october 2018, pickup and drop-off will be only from the next hotel list: Hostería de San Pedro de Atacama, Casa de don Tomás, Altiplánico, Hoteles Kimal y Poblado de Kimal, Cumbres, Iorana Tolache, Casa Atacama, Don Raul, Tulor. If your hotel is not listed, you have to approach to meeting point at the agreed time
- Please bring cash to pay for the entrance fees
- The altiplano lagoons lie at more than 13,500 feet in elevation, which may cause mild altitude sickness for some; it is recommended that you drink hot tea or water prior to the tour and carry any necessary medication
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.