At toddy climber in Shwehlaing
The toddy-palm plays an important role in Myanmar rural life. It gives shade, drink and food, as well as provides materials for making household utensils. So, please feel free to join with us to learn about daily local activities in Bagan.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- Transfer by AC vehicles
- Purify drinking water and snow Towel along in program.
- English speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Other services are not mentioned above including
- Today we take you on a deeper trip into the ways of life in Bagan. Departing from the hotel, you will visit colorful Nyaung U market to observe the daily local activities. Embark on a scenic driver to ShweHlaing village. Upon arrival, walk around the village and meet with the friendly local people. After exploring the village head to Toddy Climber's hut or observe traditional brewery methods. Though this is no an easy job, people are still proud to be a toddy climber. The climber scales up the tree on a makeshift two-part bamboo ladder attached to the tree with lashings of bamboo or palm. The lower ladder, known as Yin-htaung is within reach from the ground. The upper ladder (Yin-hswe) is a narrow access leading him to the very top of the tall tree. Enjoy lunch with the local people under shade of Toddy Palm trees before transferring back to Bagan.
Departure Point :Client's hotel
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour is not available in April,13th-16th (Public Holiday)
- Children policy:
- Under 2 year old : Free of Charge
- 2-12 year old : 75% adult price
- Over 12 year old : Considered as adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.