Aswan High Dam, Temple of Philae and the Unfinished Obelisk
Explore Aswan and discover this most popular site on this guided tour to the High Dam, Unfinished Obelisk and the alluring Temple of Philae, set on its own island in the Nile.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance fees to the mentioned sightseeing.
- Met & Assist from & to your hotel at Aswan.
- All transfers by air condition vehicle.
- Private Egyptology tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Aswan High Dam
- Entry/Admission - Unfinished Obelisk
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Philae
What's excluded :
- Entrance to private rooms or areas inside any temple or Museum.
- Tips to guide & driver.
- Any Souvenir from any purchasing stop.
- Entry Visa to Egypt which had to be handle from your side.
- International Air tickets from & to Egypt.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aswan High Dam, Manteqet As Sad Al Aali, Aswan Egypt
the magnificent Aswan High Dam. Although it was constructed several millennia after the majority of Egypt’s iconic landmarks, the High Dam is equally as impressive. A miracle of modern engineering, the dam is 364 feet high and spans for over two miles and contains eighteen times the material used to build the Great Pyramid of Cheops. Once, the largest rock-filled dam in the world, today the dam provides irrigation and electricity for the whole of Egypt.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Unfinished Obelisk, Sheyakhah Oula, Aswan Egypt
the Unfinished Obelisk. Much of the granite used for Egypt’s temples was quarried in Aswan and in the Northern Quarry you will find an unfinished obelisk that has remained in situ ever since a crack was discovered as it was hewn from the rock. Possibly intended as a companion to the Lateran Obelisk that once stood proud at Karnak, if completed the obelisk would have been the largest piece of stone ever handled.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Temple of Philae, Island of Agilika, Aswan Egypt
the beautiful Temple of Philae. Dismantled and reassembled on higher ground after the completion of the Aswan High Dam threatened its existence, the temple is dedicated to the goddess Isis and is set on its own island. The temple is widely regarded as the prettiest in Egypt.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup Time: 08:00 AM from any hotel in Aswan / Aswan International AirportAirports
- Aswan Airport, Aswan Egypt
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.