Aswan: Felucca Boat Cruise Adventure
Sail down the ancient River Nile in a felucca captained by a Nubian sailor. Watch in wonder as you pass by farmers working their land as they would have done thousands of years ago. Chat to your captain about Nubian culture and enjoy a traditional lunch aboard. Expect a relaxing voyage that’ll make you feel like a pampered, ancient pharaoh!
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English/Nubian-speaking captain
- Felucca sailing trip
- Lunch on board the boat
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Your felucca captain will meet you in the morning and after a short walk, we’ll arrive at the docks where we will board the felucca boat. These boats are traditionally made of wood and have tall, white sails.
The captain, who has had many years’ experience of sailing up and down the Nile in all sorts of conditions, will prepare the boat for sailing and then head off down this legendary waterway.
Our cruise will last five hours and we really want you to relax and enjoy the journey. Your captain will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have but this is not a history lesson. This is about chilling out and channeling your inner ancient Egyptian king or queen as you float down the mighty Nile. Watch seagulls fly above you and families farming their land using time-honoured techniques, see donkeys wandering around the barren landscape and palm trees gently swaying in the breeze.
We’ll stop for a spot of traditional lunch on board the boat. This might include zucchini, mashed potatoes, rice or pasta followed by a cup of tea. This is the time to chat to your Nubian captain in order to gain a better understanding of his culture and language.
We’ll head back to the docks at Aswan around mid-afternoon. Don’t forget to ask your captain for advice on what else there is to see and do during your stay in Egypt.
Departure Point :Nuba Nile, 9 Ahmed Ibn Al Abtal, El-Tahrir City, Aswan, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- This tour can be customised to accommodate vegetarians, vegans and other dietary restrictions. Please let us know at the time of booking if you have any dietary needs.
- We recommend that you bring sun screen, a hat and sunglasses.
- For your Urban Adventure, you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.