A Unesco World Heritage Site, Assisi is the birthplace of Saint Francis, the founder of the Franciscan religious order and Italy’s patron saint. The town is a jewel filled with historic and artistic treasures, where highlights include a pristine historic center filled with flowering balconies and noble palaces, the splendid Basilica of San Francesco with frescoes by Giotto and Cimabue and 800-year-old Rocca Maggiore, the medieval fortress overlooking the town. There are also lots of local handicraft shops to explore and delicious eateries to try.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Expert Local Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Assisi, Assisi, Province of Perugia, Umbria
Assisi is a town in the province of Perugia in Umbria. It is the birthplace of St. Francis, who founded the Franciscan religious order in the town in 1208, and St. Clare (Chiara d'Offreducci), the founder of the Poor Sisters, which later became the Order of Poor Clares after her death. UNESCO collectively designated the Franciscan structures of Assisi as a World Heritage Site in 2000.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Basilica of San Francesco d'Assisi, Piazza Inferiore di S. Francesco, 2, 06081 Assisi PG, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.