Assin Manso Slave River & Cape Cape Castle
Indulge yourself in the circumstances surrounding the evil trade in slaves as you visit the Assin Manso Slave River site and the Cape Coast Castle. Learn more about the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade through slave routes and the site they had their last bath, held as captive in the dungeons and finally "shipped" to a world unknown. See the the tombs of two slaves returned from USA and Jamaica whose return tagged "the door of no return" as "the door of return".
per adult from
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Departing Accra early in the morning, you will take a 3 hour journey to the Assin Manso Slave River Site. This site used to serve as a slave market and best known for being the place where the slaves had their last bath in African waters. After sorting the fit ones were sent to the forts along the coast where they were locked up in the cells for months before "shipment" across the Atlantic to a place and a future unknown.
After the tour here, continue to the Cape Coast Castle where the bones of the two slaves were returned through. Built by the English
in 1665, this is one of the largest slave castles in the world. Take an emotional guided tour through its dungeons and sections to discover unpleasant conditions they were exposed to.
Return to Accra after tour.
Departure Point :Your hotel
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Your hotel
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.