Arts District Food Tour in Richmond
Find additional information and a lower price at River City Food Tours
Ready to discover downtown Richmond? Richmond’s revitalized Arts District, will capture your imagination with a mix of historically-significant architecture, under-the-radar restaurants, and inspiring art galleries.
Joining River City Food Tours means exploring the neighborhood as an insider. You will sample delicious food and snacks from several amazing spots, meet chefs and business owners to discover their passion for their craft, and hear the stories that make this one of Richmond’s most defining neighborhoods. But most of all, we’ll make sure you have fun doing it.
- Visit up to 6 establishments to taste one of their best dishes – more than enough food for a meal!
- Learn about Jackson Ward’s unique architecture, about the story behind Grace St., and about the weather indicator that once marked Richmond’s highest point
- Meet the chef’s and owners behind downtown’s food scene
per adult from
What's included :
- Food tasting at 6 different restaurants and bakeries
- Professional Local Guide
- Gratuities at restaurants
- Alcoholic Beverages - Thursday night version only
What's excluded :
- Gratuities for guide (optional)
- Our professional guide will lead you through Richmond's bustling Arts District, including historic Jackson Ward, the Broad St. Commercial District, and the Grace St. Historic Commercial District. You will pop in and out of various restaurants, cafes, and shops where you will sample each food purveyor's best dish.
Depending on the availability of the restaurants, you will visit several of: Wong Gonzalez, Lift Coffee Shop, Mama J's, J KOGI, G reenleaf's Poolroom, Maple & Pine, Jackson's Beer Garden and Smokehouse, Stoplight Gelato Cafe, and Pop's Market on Grace (subject to change without notice). The exact walking route may vary, but you might find yourself sampling hand-made pastas, Korean street eats, southern soul food, and more. Treat yourself to a delicious surprise!
The tour ends about a half mile from the original departure point and your guide will provide you with easy to follow instructions back.
Departure Point :Wong Gonzalez, 412 E Grace St, Richmond, VA 23219, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you are Vegetarian or have Dietary restrictions. Please contact supplier prior to tour date.
- A small amount of walking is involved, but Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Actual restaurants, cafes, and shops may vary, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.