Arts-Crafts Tour of Jaipur with Pottery Workshop
On this 4-hour private tour, you will experience the arts and crafts culture of Jaipur by visiting some leading art centres to observe artisans. You will also go to a pottery centre that specialises in blue pottery. Here, you will attend a workshop. You will be accompanied by an English speaking guide in a fully air-conditioned vehicle.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned private vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Camera Fees
- The erstwhile royal family of Jaipur was known for their patronage of regional arts and crafts. Legend suggests that they invited craftsmen from all parts of India and nurtured them so as to make Jaipur a leading centre of handicrafts. Generations later, these age-old crafts continue to thrive in the heart of the city.
Today, Jaipur is known for miniature paintings, blue pottery, stone carving, wooden handicraft, metal art, camel leather work, lacquer items, precious jewellery, and textiles. On this tour, you will visit some leading art centres to observe artisans in their true element.
Next, your guide will take you to a pottery centre that specialises in blue pottery, native to Jaipur. Here, you will have the opportunity to take a workshop. At a point in time, this form of art was nearing extinction. Later, it was revived and is now a thriving industry. The art of blue pottery came to Jaipur from Persia and Afghanistan through the Mughals. Artisans use materials such as quartz, raw glaze, sodium sulphate and multani mitti (fuller's earth) to create artefacts with beautiful end results. The biggest advantage of blue pottery is that it does not develop any cracks and it is also impervious, hygienic, and suitable for daily use.
Departure Point :Guest's Hotel from within city boundary
Departure Time :Earliest Start Time: 10:00 AM Latest Start Time: 2:00 PM
Return Detail :Guest's Hotel from within city boundary
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.