Art Nouveau Architecture - Paris Guided Historic Walk
The Art Nouveau movement blossomed during the early 1900’s “Belle Epoque” and spread across art, design, jewelry, furniture and even architecture. In France, Hector Guimard was one of the most leading figures of Art Nouveau. The most beautiful metro entrances in Paris are the creations of this visionary Architect.
We will wander through the “chic” and gorgeous 16th “arrondissement” where Guimard lived and built superb Art Nouveau townhouses and buildings. You will see private townhouses such as Hôtel Guimard, Hôtel Mezzara, Hôtel Jassédé, Hôtel Déron-Levent, the famous Castel Béranger and many other apartment buildings and metro entrances built by Hector Guimard. You will also see Art Déco buildings and learn to differentiate the two styles.
If you have a camera with wide angle and zoom, this is the opportunity to dust it off!
Prepare for a feast for the eyes!
DETAILS: Adapted to all ages. Approx. 2hrs & 3,5Km/2Mi. Walk runs rain or shine.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour Guide
What's excluded :
- MY OTHER WALKS & ONLINE EXPERIENCES: Fathers of the American Revolution; French Revolution; Napoleon
- Entry/Admission - Hôtel Guimard
- Entry/Admission - Castel Beranger
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hôtel Guimard, 122 Avenue Mozart, 75016 Paris, France
We will admire the artistry of this gorgeous private townhouse and see in what context Guimard built it.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Castel Beranger, 14 rue Jean de la Fontaine, 75016 Paris France
We will admire the artistry of this amazing Art Nouveau building and see in what context Hector Guimard built it.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :69 Boulevard Exelmans, 75016 Paris, France
Return Detail :1 Rue Jean de la Fontaine, 75016 Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- ALL COVID HEALTH & SAFETY MEASURES WILL BE RESPECTED ☺
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Parisology / Thierry Collegia